Glock Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I recently stumbles across a blowout on Tula Ammo 9mm Luger (9x19) 115gr FMJ... I picked up a [email protected]#* load of it and before I go head out and feed my G17, 19, & 26 I wanted to touch base with you guys and see if anybody has had any negative/positive experiences with Tula Ammo. Thanks again for your help guys!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I stay away from it only because of feedback on numerous forums. Not that I've heard that it's BAD ammo but mainly because I find other, cleaner ammo as cheap or cheaper.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I stay away from it only because of feedback on numerous forums. Not that I've heard that it's BAD ammo but mainly because I find other, cleaner ammo as cheap or cheaper.
Same here. I've never tried it because of the negative feedback.
For range ammo, I use a lot of Freedom and Georgia Arms.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
if its for range use and you take the time to clean the gun bang it out. shooting is an expensive sport

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
I have shot a little in .40. Watching my friend fire it in my HiPoint carbine it is smokier than other brands. Do store it in a dry area. It is steel cased and will rust. It goes bang! Perfecta at Walmart is cheap brass cased Italian made Tula. It is a great value.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I use Tula and Wolf all the time at matches. If I have the time I pick it up with a magnet. If I don't, it doesn't bother me to leave it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The best cheap but reliable range ammo I've ever found was the Reman from Freedom Munitions, It's a little dirty but I went through a 1000 round case without one FTF or FTE and it's Brass. I think I paid $325 for the case of 230gr 45acp.

Freedom Munitions

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I don't shoot .45, but I find Freedom's 9mm remans some of the cleanest shooting ammo out there. I'm currently finishing up the second thousand rounds bought from another reman company (couldn't get Freedom at the time) that is some of the dirtiest stuff I've seen. Thankfully there's only 7 boxes of that stuff left. Mexican made Aquila is also quite dirty.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm a big fan of PMC for range ammo, it's about the middle of the road in cleanliness and price. PMC bronze 230gr 45acp 22.29/ 50rd at my LGS.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Ive come to think the whole dirty ammo thing is a little overrated, especially with a Glock. Unless you shoot a couple thousand rounds between shootings who cares, every ammo gets your gun dirty just shoot, clean when necessary or when you feel like it, and shoot some more.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Another sale goin' on at Freedom.
It's hard to pass up.
.45 for 30₵

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have put 1100+ rounds (8 different types of ammo) through my G19 in the 8 months since I got it. The only failures I had was with Tula Brass. I picked up 200 rounds of it at a good price and had 5 failures to chamber out of the 200. One round peeled back the casing when I tapped the slide to get it to feed. Even worse when I used some of their steel casing ammo in my .380, 4 failures to chamber out of 100.

I have put Tula on my do not buy list, even for range use.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
tula sucks and is dangerous. use caution and expect to have some squibs.
IIRC the Tula BrassMaxx is made in Italy by Fiochii I have fired that in 9, and .40. Never had a problem. As a matter of fact the 9's looked like the cases were annealed.

Perfecta is Italian made Tulammo too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
IIRC the Tula BrassMaxx is made in Italy by Fiochii I have fired that in 9, and .40. Never had a problem. As a matter of fact the 9's looked like the cases were annealed.

Perfecta is Italian made Tulammo too.
Just recently my cousin had several FTF's, FTE's and one squib that lodged in the barrel out of two mags worth in a M&P. We had both just bought about 300 rounds each from Walmart. I sold mine when he told me about the above. No way I would buy that brassmax crap, ever again.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmm Fiochii. I have had some of their over priced .22's. And when I was shooting at an indoor range with an SKS out of 2 boxes we had a dud. We rechambered it and it never fired.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The BrassMAXX I had the trouble with says made in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Nice looking bullet but 5 failures to chamber out of 200 says no way. Also I guess I am not keeping up with the new world order, never heard of Herzegovina.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
Walmart has a new type of Federal in. Aluminum cased 9's, .40's, and .45's. I got 2 boxes of 9's for $9.99 each. If my brain had been working right I could have got 250rds of .40 cheaper that way over the $92 bulk box of UMC.

I didn't catch the prices on the others, it was in a flyer they mailed out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts