Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I went to the indoor range yesterday and blew through 200 rounds of Blazer ammo - the aluminum case stuff. Not a single misfire or stove pipe. My wife was concerned she might not be able to qualify for CCW... and she came away very encouraged and certainly far more confident than before. She's learning her Ruger SR9c... and becoming far more comfortable with it.

I did pretty well with my Glock too. This was the first chance I had to shoot right-handed since my carpal tunnel surgery back in September. I think I actually did better shooting left-handed while my right hand was recovering! :confused: I managed to place a few close to dead center at 7 yards, but I was all over the target... though still well within the required target circles on the silhouette. I definitely need more practice, but I think I can hold my own.

Strange thing happened though with a new (used) 17-round mag I bought from a guy earlier this week. He had four 17-round mags for sale - two are steel, two are completely polymer (as far as I can see, there's no metal on the inside of the mag like the factory Glock mags). I loaded 16 rounds into the polymer mag, then when I tried to put round 17 into it, it simply popped out in my hand. I thought that was sorta odd, so I tried again. Tried 6 or 7 times, in fact. Each time, round 17 simply popped out in my hand. So I finally just left 16 rounds in that magazine and loaded another. This was all at home.

When we got to the range, my wife and I are taking turns shooting. She steps away to reload and as I reached for one of the magazines, the one that wouldn't hold round 17 just up and puked out all its rounds in my pistol case! Needless to say, I didn't put another round in it - I set it aside and used the other mags. The mag in question is an after-market magazine; I have two of them which are entirely polymer. I have not tried the other one... but at this moment, I'm not inclined to do so. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? Should I just toss this one, or is there anything I can do to salvage this thing?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
The mag in question is an after-market magazine; I have two of them which are entirely polymer. I have not tried the other one... but at this moment, I'm not inclined to do so. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?
trash then and buy real glock mags, the lips will not hold up under the spring load

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
same suggestion, trash'em. I would replace it even if it were a used OEM Glock ALL polymer mag. They were good in their day but over time they did tend to expand and have problems ejecting. The new metal reinforced have been around for a while and are proven to be reliable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts