Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Submitted package with Florida DOA two week ago today and recieved my CCP yesterday.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Congrats ! What Glock are you concealing?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
words of gun wisdom... this has got to be one of the best quotes, remember it and it will help guild you
I make a quote from Massad Ayoob

“The power of a gun is never ignored, no matter how accustomed one becomes to the weight on his hip. A man carrying a gun for the first time is acutely, even uncomfortable aware of its presents. After a time, he ceases to notice both the weight and the responsibility not because he has forgot then them but because they have both assimilated into his bearing and demeanor”
From his book “in gravest extreme” chapter 11 under discretion

Reactions: ZombieKiller57

·
Registered
144 Posts
Congrats. Great turnaround. Mine took every bit of 6 weeks.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Texas averages 1-2 months and they are good for 5 years

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congrats!

I have had mine in processing for 3 weeks now. I live in Manatee county. They have processed my payment 2 weeks ago.

So i am hope full I will get mine this week, and I will pick up my new Glock 26 this week.

Can't wait :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
congratulations on getting your CCW.

·
Registered
144 Posts
About 6 weeks here in Texas!! That is quick and congrats. It is a whole different world. I have had and been around guns all my life. CC opens a whole new set of senses.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thats awesome man! Im going to take my course the 26th of this month. Im pretty excited to go take it!

·
Registered
84 Posts
(Montana)
Today begins the waiting game....

Just got fingerprinted and submitted my app...they are saying 3 months!! wow.

App's went from 5/day to over 20/day currently. Oh, and they have a part-time person processing the apps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here in Ohio, it took less than 24hrs from my fingerprint appt, to getting the call that my license was ready to be picked up. Co-Worker just finished his course and said when he called for appt, they were booked out to about a month.....glad I got mine taken care of earlier this year.

·
Registered
115 Posts
(Kentucky)
Took the class on December 1st. Just received my proof of class completion over last weekend. Went to the Sheriff's office this week, filled out the app, got my picture taken, and wrote a couple of checks. Now the waiting begins. This entire process used to take 10 days from the class to permit. Now it's 6 weeks from class to documented completion, then another 4-6 weeks from application to permit (permit is shipped from state police to sheriff, then you get notification and you go get it at the sheriff's office). Total cost is $60 for the permit and a maximum of $75 for the class (we got a Groupon for the class - $65 for mine, $60 for my wife).

The good thing is this is a SHALL ISSUE state; the are required to issue the permit unless they find something glaring in my history (which they won't). Some states are MAY ISSUE, which I've heard leaves it pretty much up to the whim of the dude handling the paperwork.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts