Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! I recently got a Glock 27 .40 from a buddy of mine. It has an interchangeable 9mm barrel (wolf) with it that he used, but I have found that it jams alot when used. I'm thinking that I need to get a recoil spring for 9mm, but I don't know what to get. I found a site where you can get them, but they range from 14-24 lbs. All it tells me is: 14 lbs = reduced power, 16 lbs = factory standard, and 18, 20, 22 & 24 lbs = extra power.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

·
Registered
960 Posts
From what I know, the Glock standard springs are 18. IMO, I would install a factory or aftermarket stainless spring, in the standard 18 lbs. I would put the correct barrel in and go to the range and fire MANY rounds using the original barrel. You need to rule out the fact that it's a problem with the conversion or the weapon itself. If it does just fine with the .40 barrel, then I would think twice about using the 9mm barrel. By my own practice, I personally don't like the conversions, for any firearm. If I own a .40 and want to fire 9mm, I would buy one. (Gun, not barrel). Just a thought, but someone will probably chime in with another answer. Good Luck!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Also remember that the different strengths of the recoil springs installed could be highly affected by the grain of round you are firing. I hope you aren't trying this with reloads. Nothing wrong with reloads, (I don't use them), but with a problem that you are describing, I would, no doubt, fire some quality ammo in it! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We fire good quality ammo. Winchester, Corning, etc. I don't fire the 9mm much, just wanted to use it for practice since .9's are cheaper than .40's :p

·
Registered
960 Posts
We fire good quality ammo. Winchester, Corning, etc. I don't fire the 9mm much, just wanted to use it for practice since .9's are cheaper than .40's :p
Understand. I have found that there isn't that much of a difference in the price between .40 and 9mm. Good to hear you are using fine quality ammo. So, like I said before, fire a lot of .40 through it to make sure it's not the firearm, especially if you are going to be carrying it.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
From what I know, the Glock standard springs are 18. IMO, I would install a factory or aftermarket stainless spring, in the standard 18 lbs. I would put the correct barrel in and go to the range and fire MANY rounds using the original barrel. You need to rule out the fact that it's a problem with the conversion or the weapon itself. If it does just fine with the .40 barrel, then I would think twice about using the 9mm barrel. By my own practice, I personally don't like the conversions, for any firearm. If I own a .40 and want to fire 9mm, I would buy one. (Gun, not barrel). Just a thought, but someone will probably chime in with another answer. Good Luck!
Good advice !

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I assume it's a gen3 Glock? before gen4 Glock used same recoil spring for 9mm and .40 guns (later slides are heavier tho). I have a G22 gen4 with LWD barrel so just got a G17 spring for it. For gen3 I'd get a calibration pack with 3 different reduced power springs and try them out; shoot a box thru each and see which one works the best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts