Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone could give me a no BS low down on the uses, and pros and cons when using a lighter/heavier lbs spring.

thanks

GEN 3 G17 RTF2

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Just curious...why would you want to use a different one...? problems, or are you just considering other mods as well?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was just curious, im not planning on switching from the stock one but ive been hearing about all theese guys cutting off coils and buying lighter ones vs heavy ones or vice/versa. i dont really know what the comparison is or what they would be used for (maybe racing? idk)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Outside of building up a gun or making major changes, there's really no need to leave the stock springs. I'm sure there's some out there who would disagree, but I don't think that for normal use (defense/carry, etc.), that you get better results than with what Glock designed for the gun...especially for dependability.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
If you go to a lighter spring the slide will slap every time the gun recoils from the slide hitting the stops
If you go to a heaver spring the gun will have failures to eject because the slide does not fully recoil enough to complete the ejection process

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Never cut off coils.

As others have said, there's really no reason to swap out the stock springs under normal usage.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
They do make a titanium recoil rods but in my opinion the difference between a hollow titanium rod and a polymer rod although measurable is neglible in EDC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts