Glock Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I'm new to the CCW arena - last time I held a CCW license, I had a Ruger .44 mag Super Blackhawk and I carried it with an Uncle Mike's shoulder holster. It was definitely NOT concealed... except maybe in the winter.

But now I have a Glock Model 19 and am interested in your thoughts in a good conceal-able holster. I've never carried an IWB holster; currently I have an OWB hip holster. With colder weather coming, that will suffice. But I'm certainly going to be looking for something for concealed carry. Any thoughts? Many thanks in advance...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Here is how I have been carrying IWB this summer in the appendix position with an untucked shirt. Versacarry There are so many good IWB holsters that are out now, they dont all work for everyone, and if you are like me and many more on the Forum you could wind up with a large box full of holsters.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
there are many quality IWB holsters on the market now. There are combo's with leather and kydex, just leather, nylon, padded, non-padded ect. It really depends on your preference. I use a Minotaur MTAC for CC. I can remove the kydex shell and put on another one for a different weapon with out having to buy an entirely new set up.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Here is how I have been carrying IWB this summer in the appendix position with an untucked shirt. Versacarry There are so many good IWB holsters that are out now, they dont all work for everyone, and if you are like me and many more on the Forum you could wind up with a large box full of holsters.
yep...maybe some of us should open some holster shops...I've got a few...lol

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Crossbreed SuperTuck.

Two week free try and lifetime warranty. It'll make that G19 disappear.

And invest in a carry belt - like a Wilderness Instuctor or Beltman leather.

·
Banned
966 Posts
Crossbreed SuperTuck.

Two week free try and lifetime warranty. It'll make that G19 disappear.

And invest in a carry belt - like a Wilderness Instuctor or Beltman leather.
Copy that. The belt is crucial. Even my El Cheapo 5.11 nylon job works pretty well to hold things together. I also use the Crossbreed in that same size gun -- a 23, the .40-cal version of your 9, and at around 3:30-4:00 it conceals and feels great, with easy reachability.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Nice looking holsters here.

What does reverse cant or forward cant mean?
Reverse cant is when the muzzle is forward of the grip and forward cant is just the reverse.

·
Registered
655 Posts
The IWB holsters are great. There are a lot of companies that make them (myself included). If you are handy and have some time you can actually make your own, there is nothing major that you need to complete this project. If you are interested in building your own PM me and I will give you the run down. If you would like to take a look at some of the holsters that I have made check out CRW Holsters at Etsy - Your place to buy and sell all things handmade, vintage, and supplies. Good luck on your hunt.

Trey

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I picked up a GlockTech Mic holster for CCW purposes at the Kenny Woods Gun & Knife Show over the weekend... the GlockTech guys were there. I didn't realize they are from Burkesville, KY - not all that far away. Anyway, after talking with a few holster makers and such at the gun show, I decided to pick up the Mic holster for $20; it was hard to say no. There's a custom holster maker just west of me if I change my mind, and there's always the Crossbreed and others. I may decide against it later after some time, but that's going to be my choice for now for IWB... and I already have a good leather OWB holster. Now I just have to get my CCW license... after my right hand heals from carpal tunnel surgery (soft cast off in 3 days).

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sounds like a good holster.

What's the CCW license process in KY?

In CO it's training (waived for many in the .mil), fee to county & state and wait up to 90 days. It's good for 5 years after that.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Randy, I have a MIC holster also (if can call it or the VersaCarry a holster) it works great and protects the trigger.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like a good holster.

What's the CCW license process in KY?

In CO it's training (waived for many in the .mil), fee to county & state and wait up to 90 days. It's good for 5 years after that.
Don't know yet. I know it's $75 for a class, during which you head to a range and must show some basic handgun proficiency... which is good reason for me to go to the range and practice left-handed. I also know there's a fee and application to the state, but I think it's pretty much "attend the class, hit the target, pay the fee, and as long as you're not clearly a psycho, you get your license". But I'll know in a few weeks and I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I use a whitehatholster for mine when I carry IWB!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Remora holster's they are inexpensive made here in America always have some kind of specials going on. Right now its 20% off and a free double mag holster with your purchase and they are comfortable. And Allen the owner is such a awesome guy and stands behind his products 120%.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have Remora holsters for three of my pistols also, as well as N82 Tactical holsters for a couple of them. The N82 holsters are definitely more comfortable but the Remora does not require a belt and can be carried in the waistband of any type of pants or shorts without it moving. They are very nice for a grab and go holster. Everyone that I have told about the Remora that has purchased one has loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'll tell you I just recently got a Stealthgear Onyx IWB holster for my G30s and it's AMAZING! I wore it all day the pay two days and hardly knew it was there. Simply amazing holster. I even did a first impressions review on YouTube and will be doing a follow up review as well in the near future.

Here's the link to the review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQoQo9ezAg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent via carrier pigeon

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you want to try out an owb holster give the factory sport combat a try. For around 15 bucks you dont have anything to lose. I like mine a lot. More often than not it is the holster that gets slid onto my belt every day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts