Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been toying with whether or not to purchase some tritium night sights for my Glock 23 Gen 3. Which is my main carry gun. Does anyone have any suggestions, I've looked at Trijicon, Meprolight, and even looked at the snake eyes sights (some videos and reviews I've read didn't impress me). I also don't want the sights to disqualify me from participating in USPSA, which I'm not sure is even possible.
Any input would be great. Thanks.

theHomelessJedi

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
I have the same Glock 23 gen 3 with Trijicon bright and tough green night sights had them for 4 -5 years they are guaranteed for 12 years. I like them. Don't know about the USPSA though.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I asked the same question regarding my 19 a few weeks I got a lot of good info from the members here, in the end I chose the xs big dots tritium front and rear. I felt they were the best fit for what I need, they are very accurate in close distance and rapid fire but the farther out they lose accuracy. for defensive pistol only I would recommend them but not for a competition pistol

·
Registered
348 Posts
Here is the USPSA Handbook.

If you are shooting Production, then page 83, Appendix D4, paragraph 21.6 states, "Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts." I really don't see any mention for or against replacing the sights in the other categories.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Have you ever looked at AmeriGlo Weapon Sights | I-DOT I've got these on my Shield and they are amazing :) I'm not a fan of the Big Dots too big for me and most folks say they aren't very good except for extreme close-up anything else and they will cover the target.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Warren tactical has a great three dot tritium setup. The sights are .125 front with a .150 rear notch. In other words you will have light bars on both sides of the front sight for quick acquisition while transitioning between targets. the rear sight is also tritium only so its not very distracting in low light while the front is tritium and white dot. Or another great set of night sights is the trijicon HD's, they are very popular and good I dont know the dimensions on them but the front sight looks a bit wide for my taste.

I have these but I use just a plane black rear sight no tritium like the second picture. I really like them and you can rack the slide off the rear sight if your intersted in that. The use trijicon tritium inserts if that matters as well.
Automotive tire Rectangle Gadget Automotive wheel system Bumper

Rectangle Auto part Font Metal Toy

Warren Tactical Sight, Tritium 3 Dot Set for Glock

528-003 Sight/Warren Tactical/SetFix/Glock/Blk .150N Tactical Rear/Trt .215Tx.125W Front Detail Page

Trijicon HD's I dont have any experience with these but a lot the guys on the forum use them.
Product Font Gadget Input device Electronic device

Reactions: vmax1989

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just installed a set of Ameriglo i-Dot Pros on my G19. Almost identical to the Trijicon HD's (Ameriglo uses Trijicon tritium vials) but considerably cheaper. I've been very pleased with them so far.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just put some factory Glock night sights on my 26, the steel housings are made by glock and then tritium inserts are put in by meprolight. They are just as Brite as my ameriglo night sights and the glock sights are half the price, + garuanteed for 15 years. Best bang for your buck in my opinion.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I put Meprolights on my G30S and Trijicon Suppressor night sights on my G21SF/TB. Both are excellent !

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Trijicon HD night sights with photoluminescent outlined yellow front sight. Green tritium at night also. New just got them yesterday! Cable Gadget Auto part Adapter Usb cable

Reactions: Pistolero

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have speed sights on my G19, G30, and Sig 220, and really like them. I prefer the Orange front(tried green and didn't like it) as it really draws my eye to it when I draw the gun. That is important to me at age 67 as the eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be! But then, neither am I! I tried the Big Dots on the G30, but just didn't like them. For me, any Glock I buy for CCW use will have the Speed Sights added. Check out Speed Sights

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have speed sights on my G19, G30, and Sig 220, and really like them. I prefer the Orange front(tried green and didn't like it) as it really draws my eye to it when I draw the gun. That is important to me at age 67 as the eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be! But then, neither am I! I tried the Big Dots on the G30, but just didn't like them. For me, any Glock I buy for CCW use will have the Speed Sights added. Check out Speed Sights
Never saw those before . Very interesting !

·
Registered
953 Posts
On my G17 I have "Trijicon" bright and tough green night sights, they seem to work alright.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Trijicon HD with Orange front on my G-19, G-21 & G-42 have been very happy with them. The orange is easier for me to pickup. I used a MGW 309 sight pusher on the G-19 & G-21 and brass punch on the G-42 (the frame is a lot thinner on the 42 , I believe MGW has a new adapter for the G-42).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I got the Trijicon sights and I like them. I can shoot well with them and I like the fact they are bright enough for what I want. I have them on my 19 and my 42.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just put some factory Glock night sights on my 26, the steel housings are made by glock and then tritium inserts are put in by meprolight. They are just as Brite as my ameriglo night sights and the glock sights are half the price, + garuanteed for 15 years. Best bang for your buck in my opinion.
I just had a set put on my G22 and I like them a lot.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts