Glock Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever used ULTRAMAX remanufactured ammo? If so what you think? :confused: What exactly does remanufactured mean?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Anyone ever used ULTRAMAX remanufactured ammo? If so what you think? :confused: What exactly does remanufactured mean?
Thanks
Seems like it's nothing but symantecs to me, Never heard of the Ultramax brand though

RELOADED AMMUNITION:
Reloaded ammunition is ammunition that is produced in lower volumes using a hand operated single or multi stage consumer or hobbyist machinery. The use of these types of machines places some limiting factors on the final product that can be produced.

REMANUFACTURED:
Commercially Remanufactured Ammunition is ammunition that is produced using specialized automated commercial equipment by a federally licensed and insured manufacturer. All remanufactured ammunition is produced under stringent quality control processes that ensure that all of the SAAMI (Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufactures Institute) specifications are complied with. Additionally, the once fired brass case used in remanufactured ammunition are preprocessed on specialized case processing equipment that transforms the case to “like new brass” condition. This case preprocessing is one of the big differences between reloaded ammunition and remanufactured ammunition.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Generally speaking I dont use reloaded ammo. I was once told, and it makes sense to me, that dont trust anyone to reload your ammo that you would not trust to shave your privates.

·
Banned
966 Posts
Yeah, but privates aside, reman and reload are two different things. A home-pressed reload can never be quite the same as a factory job due to the industrial-strength equipment. And reman just means they used spent cases which were inspected for integrity and then put back through the same factory process that loaded them in the first place. I'd buy Ultramax if I had an opportunity to get some at a good price.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Yeah, but privates aside, reman and reload are two different things. A home-pressed reload can never be quite the same as a factory job due to the industrial-strength equipment. And reman just means they used spent cases which were inspected for integrity and then put back through the same factory process that loaded them in the first place. I'd buy Ultramax if I had an opportunity to get some at a good price.
I agree, that is why I said "reloaded".

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I know but the OP said "remanufactured".
I responded to Zombie's post where he stated the correct differance between reloaded and remanufactured.

And to be even clearer, I will not use reloaded ammo, I will and have used remanufacured when there was a big differance in price.

This, of course is my feelings toward both, yours may be differant.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys
The ULTAMAX I got from Cabela's has worked without problems but does not seem to group as well as some others. It is also the dirtiest I've shot.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I trust my reloads a lot more then re-manufactured ammo. I've heard of KB's with some brands, they often take brass in for a discount. And you you don't know how many times they been used.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone...first post. I have run an entire 250 box of Ultramax through my G19 G4. It was the 9MM 125Gr Lead variety. It all shot fine with no feed or extraction problems but I will not be using it again. In 25 years years of shooting and a lot of cheap ammo, this stuff was the dirtiest ammo I have ever shot. I frequent an indoor range and had to pause for a few minutes after emptying a clip just to let all the smoke clear. My G19 looked like I was shooting a Civil war musket. Was kinda funny to see a plume of smoke running out to 15 yards after ever shot the first few shots but I was embarrassed after that. I toughed it out since I had already paid for range time and it was the only ammo I had at the time. Worse yet, it left my gun a mess and I had to spend a considerable amount of time cleaning it afterwards. I would rather spend a couple more bucks on 115gr UMCs which are much cleaner.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Just shows you; you get what you pay for. re-mfged or reloaded, it’s the same thing. They recycle the brass and a lot of times it’s a mixture. The walls are thinned out from being shot and the gun powder is subpar to make it cheaper as you experienced

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi everyone...first post. I have run an entire 250 box of Ultramax through my G19 G4. It was the 9MM 125Gr Lead variety. It all shot fine with no feed or extraction problems but I will not be using it again. In 25 years years of shooting and a lot of cheap ammo, this stuff was the dirtiest ammo I have ever shot. I frequent an indoor range and had to pause for a few minutes after emptying a clip just to let all the smoke clear. My G19 looked like I was shooting a Civil war musket. Was kinda funny to see a plume of smoke running out to 15 yards after ever shot the first few shots but I was embarrassed after that. I toughed it out since I had already paid for range time and it was the only ammo I had at the time. Worse yet, it left my gun a mess and I had to spend a considerable amount of time cleaning it afterwards. I would rather spend a couple more bucks on 115gr UMCs which are much cleaner.
Thats what I found also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have tired remanufactured ammunition from Ammunition Online at Factory Direct Prices | Freedom Munitions | Handgun Ammo & Rifle Ammo and was very pleased with it. I ordered 10 boxes of remanufactured and 10 boxes of new. I could not visually tell the difference when I inspected them, other than all of the shells in the new boxes were all blazer, and the shells in the remanufactured were from different manufactures including federal, winchester, blazer and others. I shot 200 rounds in a Glock 21 and Ruguer Blackhawk with no problems. I talked to the manufacturesrs and they said that their reman and new are identical, except the reman uses used shells. The same machines, the same operators, the same process. They also give a $2.50/lb credit on any shells you send them.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I shot a box of Privi Partizan through my G20, looking at the gun I thought it was 1000!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I only shoot my handloads, some are reloads some are new loads, but I control the quality of my own ammo. Like I am the ONLY person who ever puts a wrench on my Harley. I only trust ME with my guns, ammo, life and my bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts