Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a G27 Gen 4 [my CC of choice] and want to replace the recoil spring. I found one in stainless steel at The Glock Store but which to buy? 16 Lb is the Factory weight but I also shoot 9mm [Lone Wolf conversion barrel] when my arthritis gets so bad I can't deal with the recoil of the .40 So, is a 14 lb a good way to go, or stay with the 16 lb?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have tried a stainless recoil spring in my 23. Ended up changing back to the factory one because I finally realized, "they don't fail"! I have heard, the main thing to be careful of is that going to a heavier or lighter spring, the grain of the bullet might have an effect on how the gun chambers, fires, then reloads the next round. Like I said, I heard and read that but never experienced it. Good Luck and welcome!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
it’s a waste of money, there is no proof that it makes a difference, if you need to get a lone wolf barrel that shoots 9 mm and a 9mm mag and see if it works better for you but the spring is a sell with little change

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think what I'll do is just get a backup standard Glock spring. I like having backup parts.... just raised that way. I've shot about 200 - 9mm rounds through it and NO FTE or jambs of any kind using the standard .40 spring set-up.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
really no reason to exchange the recoil spring. The OEM will last you a lifetime
I agree but what drives me to get another is that the same spring in by buddy's G27 failed. The large spring wouldn't stay retained on the middle-inner-lip. I went to youtube and noticed more standard springs [plastic parts] having the same problem. Glock had a recall [which oddly doesn't cover G27s] on the standard recoil spring.

It's a inexpensive back-up item, so I don't mind.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
if you want to spend the money do it BUT keep the old one as a back up and when you go to the range take it with you just in case the new on is not up to the task

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
There was a problem with the duel spring breaking and the gun doesn't like it when it happens but it was a limited problem. I hear of guy that shoots on the IPSC taking a container of parts to do repairs on the spot.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I agree but what drives me to get another is that the same spring in by buddy's G27 failed. The large spring wouldn't stay retained on the middle-inner-lip. I went to youtube and noticed more standard springs [plastic parts] having the same problem. Glock had a recall [which oddly doesn't cover G27s] on the standard recoil spring.

It's a inexpensive back-up item, so I don't mind.
No it didn't include the G27. They reported they had already solved the problem with the spring assembly when it was released.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts