Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first tried a Glock many years ago (G17), I thought they had a horrible long trigger pull. Sold it soon after. A couple of years back ran across a great deal on a factory g34 3.5 with lots of extra goodies. Awesome shooter with a great trigger.
As things go my son in law joined a out of box league so he is not enjoying it.

Now to the point just picked up a first year of issue G22 maybe a box through it. Now back to fixing another trigger. I installed a lone wolf 3.5 connector plus their stainless guide rod. This reduced the pull to about 7.25 lbs. From you long time glockers what else do I need to get below the 5 lb range? I know a good gunsmith but need to make some suggestions to keep the changes in a reasonable range.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! i am surprised your trigger pull is 7.25 lbs with the 3.5 # connector installed.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
first off the Glock trigger pull is 5.5 from the factory UNLESS it has a NY-1 trigger set up so - connector will reduce it to 4.5 lbs with a trigger spring change (factory is 5 lbs and the aftermarket is 6 lbs). the rod guild has nothing to do with trigger pull but assists in the felt recoil

ny-1.jpg ny-1 inst.jpg

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
agree with barstool. something ain't right somewhere call and ask them for a catalog it will containing all the specs and trigger weight for each model. they are all 5.5 from the factory except for i think 34 and 35 are 4.5

·
Banned
966 Posts
The 3.5# connector should produce a pull weight of 3.5-4.0 lbs. according to a website that offers instruction on installing one. I also replaced the trigger spring, which is only designed to make the pull smoother, not lighter. Together they're my homegrown trigger job.

·
Registered
960 Posts
When I first tried a Glock many years ago (G17), I thought they had a horrible long trigger pull. Sold it soon after. A couple of years back ran across a great deal on a factory g34 3.5 with lots of extra goodies. Awesome shooter with a great trigger.
As things go my son in law joined a out of box league so he is not enjoying it.

Now to the point just picked up a first year of issue G22 maybe a box through it. Now back to fixing another trigger. I installed a lone wolf 3.5 connector plus their stainless guide rod. This reduced the pull to about 7.25 lbs. From you long time glockers what else do I need to get below the 5 lb range? I know a good gunsmith but need to make some suggestions to keep the changes in a reasonable range.

Thanks,
Rick
Like the others I'm a little confused by the fact the it "reduced" the trigger to 7.25 pounds when it should have been 5.5 out of the box. Did someone else make some mods to this gun before you got it? Just curious. Especially since the trigger pull was heavier than 7.25 when you got it.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Just out of curiosity how did you come to determine a 7.5 lb trigger? If you use a trigger scale and it is too high up on the trigger it will give a false reading

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Like they all said, something ain't right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts