Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone read any of the Rogue Warrior Books by Richard Marcinko? I am reading his book titled "Designation Gold" which I am enjoying by the way, then I came across this on page 27: " He dropped the magazine out of his compact Glock 27 9MM onto the bed, pointed the muzzle in a safe direction, unchambered the round in the barrel, reset the mag, chambered a new round, then released the magazine, topped it off, slid it back into the pistol's butt, and placed the now cocked and locked weapon into its holster".

He also refers to using Winchester Black Talon ammo in his P7 and stated that it is restricted for civilian use.

It appears he needs to keep a better tab on his ghost writer as I know he obviously knows better about the model, and he himself would refer to a round in the chamber not the barrel and that a Glock cannot be cocked and locked. And what was all of that procudure with the unchambering and chambering?

So far the action in the book is good and it is written in an entertaining manner. I will let you all know what else I catch.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I find that it's the small things that they should get right that they don't that ruins the experience for me. I probably wouldn't have made it to the end of the chapter after reading that.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Some of the best books are the ones that pay attention to the little details like this. I am with you ZK, it just gets under your skin and irritates.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Atleast he didnt say he dropped the "clip" on to the bed.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
For sure, what he's done, and been a part of is indeed interesting. I've always thought he's a little high on himself, and arrogant, but I respect where he's been and what he's done. However, that does not automatically qualify him as an expert on everything, especially writing. Like a couple of you said, once you catch a "slip-up" like that, it kinda sours the experience...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Obviously he did not proof read the final copy before the printing. I found a stack of these hard cover books, autographed copies, at half price book store with a price tag of $2. Couldnt pass it up.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Obviously he did not proof read the final copy before the printing. I found a stack of these hard cover books, autographed copies, at half price book store with a price tag of $2. Couldnt pass it up.
HPB is the best place for books. It is always nice to find a couple of good books and not break the bank.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far no more inaccuracies and I am enjoying the book. I like how he writes as if the reader is there with him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts