Glock Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was in the business section of our local newspaper: A.P. MARIETTA, GA. A former executive for Glock Inc. convicted of stealing a pistol and millions of dollars from the gun manufacturing giant was sentenced to seven years in prison even as his supporters raised questions about his conviction. Paul Jannuzzo, the company's ex-general counsel, also was sentenced to serve 13 years of probation after a suburban Atlanta jury convicted him of stealing a custom pistol that company founder Gaston Glock had loaned to him and pilfering millions of dollars from Glock with another executive.

Junnuzzo's attorneys sought a lesser sentence, claiming in court papers that local prosecutors had "out-sourced" the investigation to Glock's employees. They called on a long list of Jannuzzo's friends and family members who described him as a brilliant attorney and devoted family man.

They also recently released an affidavit from Gaston Glock's son, Robert, who indicates Jannuzzo had tried to return the .45 caliber pisto that led to the theft charge baci in 2003. Both sides have said that if the state couldn't prove Jannuzzo stole the pistol, the other charges couldn't stick because of time restrictions. :confused:

Just makes me wonder what that custom .45 pistol looked like. :confused:

·
Registered
655 Posts
That is a shit-storm. +1 on the pistol as well.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Big business inner circles...wow, this will cause a lot of these folks to tighten up...

·
Registered
655 Posts
That is the truth rowadi.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Like, how do several million $ go unnoticed for so long...? Accounting dept. will be next...or should be if these facts are correct...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
You dont think that 45 was a Glock 1911 do you? NAAAAAH !

·
Registered
655 Posts
Like, how do several million $ go unnoticed for so long...? Accounting dept. will be next...or should be if these facts are correct...
That is where I would start cleaning house.

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
It is easy for that kind of money to go missing when nobody is looking for it. Happens in the Federal Government everyday. There was probably alot more people involved than is known. The 2 guys that were punished were the fall guys.
And I would like to see the custom .45 as well. :D

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Glock sure is getting a lot of free publicity, with Gaston's divorce and now this.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
They used to say any publicity was good publicity but I don't really think that goes over well now days. They haven't really been getting good publicity lately.
You're exactly right on that, ZK...I don't think it'll hurt any sales, but there is something to be said about a good name...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts