Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Bad Guns

Votes: 4 57.1%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that don't know SCCY is a Florida based gun company that offers three models of handguns the CPX-1, CPX-2, and the new CPX-3. The CPX-1 is a double stack 9mm subcompact pistol with safety, the CPX-2 is the same gun minus the safety, and the CPX-3 is similar to the CPX-2 but chambered in .380 ACP. They offer an amazing warranty, and from my experience are extremely reliable. The customer service has also always been great for me. In Georgia I picked one up new for around $245, but what do you guys think? Any negative feedback for the company or the guns?

http://www.sccy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/SCCY_Catalog_2016.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Ive owned 2 of them. Both functioned well and cant beat the warranty. Never made it past 500 rounds with either but both were reliable while I had them. I bought them both used for right around $200. Nice gun for the money.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Can't beat a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My wife has had a CPX-2 for a few years now. good gun, no issues :cool:

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
I have one. Too bad Glock couldn't figure out how to make a double stack that size with 10+1. I have a CPX2TT. I got it used LNIB with the 2 mags. It went in almost right away to have the trigger mechanism fixed. They are DAO. To reset you need to let the trigger swing all the way forward. In a SHTF adreneline scenario you could short stroke the trigger on the follow up shot, and end up in a "no bang" situation. Don't feed it +P. It is accurate! It also raises blisters on my right thumb knuckle with a bunch of use. It is not a range toy. Has ate everything I have fed it. Pin in the extractor came out, and the pins in the frame started walking. It went back a second time for those issues. I ran another 50rds through it when it came home and it sits in the safe now.

I think it is a sexy little booger, and it will fit a Kydex holster designed for a Glock.

Reactions: Mschrader92

·
Banned
447 Posts
SCCY: cheap or inexpensive?

I didn't vote because I really don't know how to vote for this, certainly the price is right. Perhaps an 'affordable option' for some ?
I looked at them, not close up, but I saw enough.

And I have no problem calling something junk. And I know already which brands I want nothing to do with.
But when ever I see an affordable option possibly like the SCCY I then start looking at what other affordable options are out there who I feel will serve me faithfully.
In this case if I was into a 9mm I would be looking at a Ruger LC9. You know from that co. who doesn't include a warranty yet doesn't have to pimp a lifetime warranty that only sounds and looks good on paper.

But again, there is not enough data out there to completely right the SCCY off.
And I for one am all for 'affordable options', provided they are not junk.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one. Too bad Glock couldn't figure out how to make a double stack that size with 10+1. I have a CPX2TT. I got it used LNIB with the 2 mags. It went in almost right away to have the trigger mechanism fixed. They are DAO. To reset you need to let the trigger swing all the way forward. In a SHTF adreneline scenario you could short stroke the trigger on the follow up shot, and end up in a "no bang" situation. Don't feed it +P. It is accurate! It also raises blisters on my right thumb knuckle with a bunch of use. It is not a range toy. Has ate everything I have fed it. Pin in the extractor came out, and the pins in the frame started walking. It went back a second time for those issues. I ran another 50rds through it when it came home and it sits in the safe now.

I think it is a sexy little booger, and it will fit a Kydex holster designed for a Glock.

Yeah I carried the one on the attached picture for nearly a year before I finally sold it to my father because he loved it. Only modification, if you can call it that, was my sandpaper talon grips. I am one of the weirdos that actually like the 4,000lb trigger on them haha. The only time it malfunction was in my torture test I did for it. Made it past the 500 round mark easily. Then I started loading empty shells into the magazine to simulate misfires which caused a catastrophic jamming of the slide and a cremped empty shell. I had to run a cleaning rod through the barrel and into the empty bass and slam it down on a table two or three times. The shell popped right out and it functioned perfectly for another 300-320 rounds and I decided to clean it lol. I figure it has the warranty why not test it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I loved mine. I vote great guns. Honestly they don't need the warranty because they seem to be quality but I just wanted others opinions because my CPX-2 was the only SCCY I've ever shot or used so I'm bias to the fact that I honestly had more trouble from my G23 than my SCCY, which should speak for itself.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
I didn't vote because I really don't know how to vote for this, certainly the price is right. Perhaps an 'affordable option' for some ?
I looked at them, not close up, but I saw enough.

And I have no problem calling something junk. And I know already which brands I want nothing to do with.
But when ever I see an affordable option possibly like the SCCY I then start looking at what other affordable options are out there who I feel will serve me faithfully.
In this case if I was into a 9mm I would be looking at a Ruger LC9. You know from that co. who doesn't include a warranty yet doesn't have to pimp a lifetime warranty that only sounds and looks good on paper.

But again, there is not enough data out there to completely right the SCCY off.
And I for one am all for 'affordable options', provided they are not junk.
If you have no experience with these then STFU. The lifetime transferable warranty is real. I bought mine used, didn't have to register it for the warranty. Both times I sent it in they covered the shipping both ways. Out and back in 7 calendar days with a list of what they did to it. It is a BUG gun to many. Back Up Gun for those who aren't familiar with the term. This is in the category of the HiPoint AFA being a good starter gun. Just better for concealment. I see these online for $218 shipped for the non stainless version.

It eats everything I feed it. One thing I will add on shooting one. It twists to the left and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. It is very torquey. Come to terms with your ass as it bears you. This is a clone of the P11 KelTek. IMO has a little bit better trigger. Trayvon Martin died from a single gunshot wound from a P9 KelTek. I understand it jammed after that. It accomplished the goal of self defense.

I consider these a GTF off me gun. Get a shiny one if you can so bad guys can see in low light conditions their leaving would be appropriate.

There is a laser out there that fits the trigger guard and activates without the operator having to think about it. There is a pad under the trigger guard that when your middle finger touches it...............it's on! No button to push.

Yes JWR Harold you are on my ignore list. And will remain there.

·
Banned
447 Posts
If you have no experience with these then STFU.
Yes JWR Harold you are on my ignore list. And will remain there.

Nun, your going crazy again. The pills ?

I'm bias to the fact that I honestly had more trouble from my G23 than my SCCY, which should speak for itself.
Very interesting.
Might very well be even better than an 'affordable option' then.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very interesting.
Might very well be even better than an 'affordable option' then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I loved mine. Honestly will be buying another in the Crimson color most likely.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I was told by a dealer that was selling a SCCY that they have a replacement policy that covers it even if it is stolen. You simply have to send in a police report and they will send a replacement. Seems too good to be true.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was told by a dealer that was selling a SCCY that they have a replacement policy that covers it even if it is stolen. You simply have to send in a police report and they will send a replacement. Seems too good to be true.

Oh yeah that's a real thing!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Unfortunately, I had a friend (my credit union mgr) who, along with her fiance (now husband), purchased a pair of them in 2013 for around $295 each...and had nothing but problems with them...feeding issues...extraction issues...etc. When they went to trade them back in...they were only offered $100 per gun. I've always considered them to be in the 'cheaper' category for pistols...but Danielle's experience sort of made me cross them off my list.

Fortunately, her hubby was willing to eat the difference and they ended up selecting a pair of S&W M&P9c pistols...which, if I understand her correctly from the last time we spoke in mid-January, they haven't had a single issue to date! (I pushed for Glocks...but he had a buddy who had the M&P9c and they went that direction.) I do understand, however, why they would want the same pistol + caliber when they only had 2 guns...as that was my recommendation to them when they were first getting started and they stuck with that principle...and that does make a lotta sense!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unfortunately, I had a friend (my credit union mgr) who, along with her fiance (now husband), purchased a pair of them in 2013 for around $295 each...and had nothing but problems with them...feeding issues...extraction issues...etc. When they went to trade them back in...they were only offered $100 per gun. I've always considered them to be in the 'cheaper' category for pistols...but Danielle's experience sort of made me cross them off my list.

Fortunately, her hubby was willing to eat the difference and they ended up selecting a pair of S&W M&P9c pistols...which, if I understand her correctly from the last time we spoke in mid-January, they haven't had a single issue to date! (I pushed for Glocks...but he had a buddy who had the M&P9c and they went that direction.) I do understand, however, why they would want the same pistol + caliber when they only had 2 guns...as that was my recommendation to them when they were first getting started and they stuck with that principle...and that does make a lotta sense!
It's so crazy to me to hear story like that when I had such good luck with mine. I purchased mine in late 2014 or very early 2015 and never had a single issue that was the fault of the gun.

·
Banned
447 Posts
There is a forum, that is the good news, but there were only 15 on it, when I clicked the link. That ain't good.
That's too funny.
Reminds me a few months back I visited a gun forum that had not had a comment made on it in over two years and someone had just sign up to join and then realized it and posted, "Oh shit a dead forum, bye"

I had such good luck with mine. I purchased mine in late 2014 or very early 2015

Interesting comment, tell us, do you remember in what month you were born ?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
It's so crazy to me to hear story like that when I had such good luck with mine. I purchased mine in late 2014 or very early 2015 and never had a single issue that was the fault of the gun.
I have no idea what went wrong as I never actually shot their pistols...I only listened to Danielle's explanation after they traded them in for S&W M&P9c's!

However, as I've given it some though since this thread first started, maybe it's possible that, as new gun owners, they weren't prepared to manage the pistol correctly and make a few 'rookie' mistakes...such as limp-wristing, etc???

I read through a few online reviews...and I think I would like to shoot this pistol for myself...and see how it goes?

Just goes to show how one negative set of comments can sway one's mindset...instead of researching it one's self!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts