Glock Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being new to this forum I have a question; is there a place to discuss self-defense issues or tactics? I understand this is a Glock pistol site but being that a lot of people CC with Glock’s or use them for home defense. It would seem to me that opening up a sticky (thread) for this category would serve some interests. I for one like the nuts and bolts of law(s) and self-defense situations. Let’s face it; it’s better to make a mistake here then to do it in real life. Who know it might save someone some jail time and money to avoid something like the FLA case.

·
Registered
95 Posts
good idea, we should probably have a few sticky'd threads... Maybe a overly comprehensive model info thread, bet that would keep a few of the guys here busy for oh say, 8 minutes... cough Rowabi, cough cough ....

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
am I getting bad vibes?... it was just an idea.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I think some general info on self defense would work, understanding that States have varying laws such as the Castle Doctrine and how they vary. Also I dont know how the owners would feel about Stickys on advice on laws as far as liability goes.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I think some general info on self defense would work, understanding that States have varying laws such as the Castle Doctrine and how they vary. Also I dont know how the owners would feel about Stickys on advice on laws as far as liability goes.
That's kinda what I was thinking, too...not a bad idea, but it could get sticky...(pun intended)..:p

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been on many sites where law was discussed and quoted and can't think of anyone getting sued over it. I am sure this is not the first time it has come up. it could be that they don't want to venture in that direction. just for the record I have learned a lot from past post over laws and regulation since all of it can be accessed and referenced

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'd advise that anytime you have a question just post a thread. Just be careful about going around the web for advice. I've seen tons of it that was bad. On this site it seems the majority are adults and are careful not to post things that they don't know. I'd trust information here quicker than most other places. I'd also suggest getting to know some of your local leo's. They are usually a good source if you need to verify anything that might be different locally.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I'd advise that anytime you have a question just post a thread. Just be careful about going around the web for advice. I've seen tons of it that was bad. On this site it seems the majority are adults and are careful not to post things that they don't know. I'd trust information here quicker than most other places. I'd also suggest getting to know some of your local leo's. They are usually a good source if you need to verify anything that might be different locally.
True enough...! Lots of bad advice out there...like the commercial I saw the other day, where someone said they believed what they saw on the web, because it has to be true to be on the web........right :rolleyes:

·
Banned
966 Posts
I have been on many sites where law was discussed and quoted and can't think of anyone getting sued over it. I am sure this is not the first time it has come up. it could be that they don't want to venture in that direction. just for the record I have learned a lot from past post over laws and regulation since all of it can be accessed and referenced
Head on over to DefensiveCarry.com. They love jousting with windmills over there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts