Glock Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moments later, shop owner John Riley, a retired military veteran returned to the shop and was informed of the theft moments before. It was then the silver Sunfire was spotted at Massey Road and FM 3083 after passing the shop again but northbound on FM 3083. Riley attempted to stop the suspect in the parking lot of a convenience store. The suspect attempted to run the owner over at which time the owner produced a pistol and fired at the vehicle several times.
this probably was not the best way to handle this

theft IN GRANGERLAND | Montgomery County Police Reporter

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I think I would have done the same thing !

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is a very gray area when you chase (or shooting) someone with or without something of yours or even worse someone else’s

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
there is a very gray area when you chase (or shooting) someone with or without something of yours or even worse someone else’s
He wasnt chasing and shooting the way I read it, he followed them and tried to apprach them to get his money back and they tried to run over him. He was in fear of his life so he shot, without being there and knowing all the facts, kind of hard to call.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He wasn't there at the time of the robbery and went looking for them and spotted the car. at that point if he did shoot and hit someone I am sure they would have charged him. Even though it’s his money he doesn’t poses the power to arrest them nor can he use deadly force to recover his money. The law says you CAN stop a robber but not go out and look for them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts