Glock Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to gun ownership and love my Glock 17 Gen 4. Would like to expand my collection to a sub-compact, specifically a 27 or 30 for home defense and c-carry.

A major consideration for me is ammo availability. 9mm ammo is big-time scarce and I don't want to be dependent on one type of ammo, especially 9mm.

Should I go with a 27 or 30?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome. Tough call, but go with whats based on YOUR preference. I would say .40 and .45 have about equal availability for ammo, both great weapons. Obviously, .40s are a little cheaper than .45, so that's one consideration. Good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the 27 and am happy with my choice. I recently purchased a LW conversion barrel (and 9mm mags) to shoot them and decided I don't really need it and am selling it. The option is nice but using a conversion as CCW is not recommended. That said, reloading ammo is always an option and the .40 frame is smaller and (in theory) is easier to conceal than the larger .45 frame. With two rounds center mass, the target will know they have been hit, either way.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i have both and 27 is my carry. decent power and weight and size. ammo you will find somewhere so that should.t even enter in to it

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
the 27 holds more ammo and basically gives you the same fire power

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I also own both. It's hard to beat the 27 for concealment. I never carry the 30.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Plenty of .40 where I live, some .45. Not that it was on your list but 9mm seems to be the hardest to find. So if I had to make the choice where I am the G27 would be my choice.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My recommendation would be the g27. I'm partial to the .40 cal and ammo is available.
Personally, I'd get a 23.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts