Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently bought a G19 Gen4 and put a few hundred rounds through it. I primarily bought the gun for CC, but want to use it for target shooting as well. While I would say I have adequate accuracy for SD purposes, my target accuracy is a little off. I'm usually shooting left and/or low. I've shot guns all my life and am a reasonably accurate shot, but it's been years since I spent any time shooting a pistol.

I'm thinking my problem is due to the heavy trigger on the Glock. I think I'm pulling off target at the end of the trigger pull. I've tried putting more finger on the trigger but I either end up still shooting left and/or low, or sometimes to the right. Now I'll admit my trigger control could use some work and fine tuning, but I'm considering a lighter weight trigger to speed up the process of me getting more accurate with the gun.

What's everyone's take on putting something like a 3.5lb trigger on a glock?

Will it likely help my issue?

Is it still safe? I am very good about NOT putting my finger on the trigger till I'm ready to fire, but would I have to be
EXTRA careful when holstering the gun and such?

Is a aftermarket Trigger Connector the only thing I would need to do it, or would/should I get something else to compliment that?

Are there any specific brands I should go for or avoid when buying aftermarket trigger parts?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I would leave the trigger alone and just work on your grip and trigger control. Low & left is very common with Glocks and I personally would not carry a 3.5lb trigger, but that's just me :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wouldnt carry a 3.5 lbs trigger either. You tried more finger on the trigger. Are you right handed? If so use less trigger finger and more left palm on the grip.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Low and to the left is common with Glocks, but i have the 3.5 connector in all of my Glocks and it does help me. I CCW my Glocks and use a Trigger Block and did so even with the stock trigger.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
So if low and left is common with Glocks, do ou aim high and right? :)

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
So if low and left is common with Glocks, do ou aim high and right? :)
No, I concentrate on trigger control, ie causing the trigger to break without the muzzle moving.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I haven't had a Glock that had a trigger so rough or too strong that it caused any problems with my round placement. I do swap out to a 3.5 Ghost but that is just for personal preference. If you fire the first round and it's low and left then do like FPW suggested. Make sure that your follow up shots don't come from a full trigger pull, only release to the break of the trigger and see how your follow up are placing.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I haven't had a Glock that had a trigger so rough or too strong that it caused any problems with my round placement. I do swap out to a 3.5 Chost but that is just for personal preference. If you fire the first round and it's low and left then do like FPW suggested. Make sure that your follow up shots don't come from a full trigger pull, only release to the break of the trigger and see how your follow up are placing.
+ 1 on the follow up shots.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Sebastian, I came across this today. It's a short read but it seems that Caleb is using steel case Tula in a G21 4G in competition shooting and not having any issues except with his mags. I find it difficult to think you are having mag issues since it's a new gun but it's another place to look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sebastian, I came across this today. It's a short read but it seems that Caleb is using steel case Tula in a G21 4G in competition shooting and not having any issues except with his mags. I find it difficult to think you are having mag issues since it's a new gun but it's another place to look.
What post were you reading? lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went ahead and ordered a Lone Wolf 3.5# trigger connector. Installed it and did a very light polishing to the trigger components. Used a Q-tip to polish instead of a dremel.
Trigger is significantly lighter, but I still wouldn't call it a hair trigger by any means. No noticeable difference in the length of the trigger pull. The 2nd stage of the trigger is MUCH smoother now. There is more of a surprise on when the trigger breaks, instead of the very light 1st stage and then the brick wall in the 2nd.

In regards to the pic below, the left target is one I used two weeks ago before the polish and trigger connector, the right one is today's after the modification. I had no practice in between. The distance is roughly the same, 15 paces. Target diameter is 12".

I agree with a couple of you that lots of practice is needed to improve, but I think the connector was $15 very well spent. Among other things, I still need to learn to steady my hands better and dryfire practice to get rid of flinching. I would like to tighten up my grouping and get rid of the "WTF shots"...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Good improvement and my triggers feel as you described with the 3.5 # connector. If any one is not familiar with the installation of this connector it does not lighten the trigger to 3.5 #, it does make it a bit lighter and to me a lot smoother.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Went ahead and ordered a Lone Wolf 3.5# trigger connector. Installed it and did a very light polishing to the trigger components. Used a Q-tip to polish instead of a dremel.
Trigger is significantly lighter, but I still wouldn't call it a hair trigger by any means. No noticeable difference in the length of the trigger pull. The 2nd stage of the trigger is MUCH smoother now. There is more of a surprise on when the trigger breaks, instead of the very light 1st stage and then the brick wall in the 2nd.

In regards to the pic below, the left target is one I used two weeks ago before the polish and trigger connector, the right one is today's after the modification. I had no practice in between. The distance is roughly the same, 15 paces. Target diameter is 12".

I agree with a couple of you that lots of practice is needed to improve, but I think the connector was $15 very well spent. Among other things, I still need to learn to steady my hands better and dryfire practice to get rid of flinching. I would like to tighten up my grouping and get rid of the "WTF shots"...
Looking good. Just remember on your followup shots don't release the trigger the entire way. only release until you feel the first click. That will reset the trigger for the next shot. that will help improve shot placement as well.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
For someone who never felt the need to modify parts on a new Glock, you guys have me compiling quite a wish list on some after market parts...thanks a lol..!!! lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ahh! A potential convert! Glocks are GTG out of the box, but nothing is perfect to everyone.
Some people, like me, are tinkerers and the Glock design is so simple, it just begs to be taken apart and messed with. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts