Glock Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rented, shot, and decided to buy a Glock 19 very soon. Really liked the gun and was reasonably accurate with it. I know there are a lot of aftermarket sights for Glocks and am hoping to get some advice here.

I like the design of the "square horseshoe" Glock sights, but am not opposed to a different style. I would like to find some quality aftermarket sights that have either slightly more narrow rear sights, or a slightly wider front sight. I'm not trying to drive nails at 20 yards or anything, but would like to be able to line up just a bit faster.

The gun's primary use will be for concealed carry. Not sure if competition style sights are the way to go. Don't know if it's an issue with those, but I want to be able to draw and aim quickly, without worrying about having the perfect stance, angle, etc. Also, I'm hoping to find sights that aren't any taller or bulkier than the stock Glock sights that can get snagged during CC. Would be willing to only swap the rear or front sight if it works well with the other stock sight.

Yes I know I can just practice with the new gun to get better, but I'd rather put that practice into sights that I'm better with from the get-go. Might eventually consider putting a laser on it, but don't want to spend over $200 just yet.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
For CC and SD situations, it's hard to be XS Big Dot. I've installed them on a G19 and a G26 and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have Tru-Glo TFO's on the way for my 19..I'll post pic's when i get them on...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the stock glock night sights on my G19, G34, and G37. My G26 and G22 have trijicons. I notice very little difference between the two types of sights. I like to standardize my Glocks as much as possible. However, the older I get the more I can foresee a time when I will be switching to XS sights at least for my carry guns.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tried a few different brands and styles. I have TruGlo TFO's on my G19 & G26 Gen3 and my G23 Gen4. Very bright and easy to sight in any light. You can't go wrong. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Looking @ fiber optics myself, but the Big Dots seem to be quite popular...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
You can get a great set of night sites under $100 installed. Some are better for daytime viewing than others. For night viewing the sites that use the Trijicon inserts are the best.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Everytime I think I have it just about figured out, I see another new set of sights I like...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
There's a competitors new model due out any time now, in a single stack .45, with a fiber optic front sight...waiting for one at two different gunshops...dependant on whether I get and keep that one, I may be getting a new G36...and I'll have the same situation all over again...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I'm really not sure that the highly awaited model can do anything the G36 can't

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just bought my G23 Gen4 Sat and had them install the Tritium Meprolight night sights - have not used it at the range yet but they are VERY visible at night! I also will be using this as my primary CC and did not like the factory glock sights - wanted something more usable as I feel nights are more often time of attack/break-ins

·
Registered
655 Posts
For CC and SD situations, it's hard to be XS Big Dot. I've installed them on a G19 and a G26 and couldn't be happier.
+1 on the XS for self-defense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts