Glock Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Glock 23 Gen 4 that is my conceal carry weapon. I disassembled it this evening for a basic cleaning, and I noticed a scuffed up part on the inside of the frame. The part in question has a flat spot on the front, but the top edge of it appears to have some damage that has put a small knick in the plastic. When assembling the slide back on the frame it appears that the slide can make slight contact with that piece causing the knick (if assembled slowly and with attention the slide will avoid the spot).. I have only fired 25 or 30 rounds with this gun, so I am unsure if this is normal wear or if I should be concerned. The gun appears to accept and eject dummy rounds as it normally should. Thanks in advance for any information.

image-3.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

·
Registered
477 Posts
I had a somewhat similar problem with the slide contacting the trigger assembly on a gen3 glock 21 where it had taken a chunk out of my back plate but some simple file work did the trick. I can't really advise on your issue to well as I'm new to glocks but I'm sure some of the higher ranking members can provide you with some info. They helped me out with some great info earlier. Hope it all works out for you!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
That’s what the pc of plastic is for, it is to keep the slide from jumping the rail on assembly so go easy on reassembly or you will break it off

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, makes sense. I did notice the bump on the trigger bar makes it a tighter fit and slightly more difficult to easily put the slide back on the frame. My Glock 22 Gen 3 doesn't have the bump, and the slide moves in to place easier.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Thanks, makes sense. I did notice the bump on the trigger bar makes it a tighter fit and slightly more difficult to easily put the slide back on the frame. My Glock 22 Gen 3 doesn't have the bump, and the slide moves in to place easier.
You can remove the bump or replace the trigger bar with one that doesn't have the bump (about 15 bucks), all the bump does is keep the safety tab release centered on the safety plunger to release the firing pin when the trigger is pulled

1 - 5 of 5 Posts