Glock Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
looks real nice. a little lighter and shorter than g27 but doesn't have the capacity. of course being a mass resident i will have to wait months if not years to see if is approved by the state and the attorney generals office. even if it is approved smith has not made a mass model yet.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I like the single-stack feel in my hands, but I'm a big boy and my 12-pack abs have no problem concealing 11 rounds of double-stack :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks real nice. a little lighter and shorter than g27 but doesn't have the capacity. of course being a mass resident i will have to wait months if not years to see if is approved by the state and the attorney generals office. even if it is approved smith has not made a mass model yet.
Watching everyone else in the country play with new toys knowing it will be years before you get to, That sucks.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Watching everyone else in the country play with new toys knowing it will be years before you get to, That sucks.
ZK, you're right...has to be tough...with family in Mass, I've heard the stories...as well as here on the forum...we need to really appreciate how good we have it...And I encourage all of you with so many restrictions to think about that on election day...and VOTE accordingly..

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
And support the appropriate 2A Rights groups...(NRA, etc...)

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I am anxious to fondle one at a gun show.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Didn't see a release date on the S&W...anybody know...? Hope it's not like the Springfield xds...who knows when it'll be here...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
S&W does not make a Mass model and they are a Mass company! I wonder why some of these companies just don't leave and go to more gun friendly states! I don't want to see people lose jobs, but why pay taxes in states where your product isn't welcome.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
S&W does not make a Mass model and they are a Mass company! I wonder why some of these companies just don't leave and go to more gun friendly states! I don't want to see people lose jobs, but why pay taxes in states where your product isn't welcome.
Why don't they make a MA model? Is it because of the state tight requirements or because it takes so long to get on the states approved firearms list thats it's just not worth the trouble? I would think a state would want to support one of it's own states business but of course that would be too logical.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
most of the time smith will make a mass model when they get around to it. for example the sd guns are still not approved in mass and its been well over a year. the bodyguard 38 revolver was approved probably within in the last six months but has a different sku number than the ones for other states. although this is the first time i have seen smith advertise ca and ma model coming in calendar year 2012. my guess is that smith like most companies is focused on money and the question would be where will they make the most money: in ma or the rest of world? there are some shields available on gunbroker now but i only saw 9mm.
as far as i understand it the nra has no lobby rights in this state although we do have goal, gun owners action league but they seem to be purely political. when i asked them to do something about this there answer was simple, there is nothing we can do. not the answer you want to hear. voting? well unless you could vote out all the non supporters at once you haven't got a chance. even if the attorney general was voted out the new one would be reluctant to change a former ag regulation. elections nowadays are about voting for the lesser of the two evils, not a person you really want. ruger is the best company for making ma compliant models usually within a few weeks of there debut although we are still waiting for the lcp. enough for now as i hate long posts and i could go on forever with this.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
1jimmy...I think you just hit it right out of the ballpark...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The retail is supposed to be in the $450 range so that is a good price. I think $450 is a good target price for that gun, but it's definitely one I would have to rent and shoot before I bought.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
+1 on that, ZK...
I already heard about some sort of mag/fit problem...trying to find out more...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm wanting to shoot one.

I own S&W M&P Pro and love it.

I've shot the M&P Compact .40 and it is a great gun.

So I'll be comparing the Shield & the Compact in 9mm.

:cool:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
If that SA xds doesn't come out soon, I might even be looking at them...rather have a .45, though...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts