Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
picked up my first firearm on 11/3/12 and i wont have time to shoot it until this coming saturday =/.. but so far i love how it feels, and ive already found a few things i dont like

for one the hole at the bottom.. although i DO know what the purpose of it was, it felt as if the gun was unfinished.. a Pearce plug will fix this =]

and second.. im not sure if its because it hasnt been broken in but its almost uncomfortable in the amount of pressure i must put on the slide release lever to release the slide.. so i already ordered the glock oem extended piece =]

as for other things.. im probably gonna order another mag or 2 and some glock +2's along with a decent light for the rail

enough talk.. here it is

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have a 23 Gen 4 that I love! Just installed an extended slide release and I couldn't be happier with this firearm! Honestly, I don't think the factory release gets any easier after "breaking in'. You will find after owning, firing, and/or carrying this gun, you will be very happy and probably want another Glock. I did, no doubt. Great looking gun! :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Unlike most people I always break mine down and give it a light cleaning and lube the barrel and inner slide rails AND INSPECTION. Don’t take someone else’s word that it’s fine; they are not the one that gets hurt when there is a failure.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Unlike most people I always break mine down and give it a light cleaning and lube the barrel and inner slide rails AND INSPECTION. Don’t take someone else’s word that it’s fine; they are not the one that gets hurt when there is a failure.
Kind of like buying a new Harley all the while thinking.......hmm, I hope the guy/girl that assembled this motorcycle wasn't hung over or having a bad day and forgot to torque the wheels down properly!

Reactions: barstoolguru

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
if your talking about the hole at the bottom of the grip i think all glocks are made like that because you can get the gun with a lock that goes in that hole. as far as the slide release most semi's are like that when new and will become easier with use. the plus 2 extension will only give one additional round not two because the size of the round. lastly there is a compatability among glock calibers with regards to mags, any glock 40 cal mag above the standard one for the gun will fit but it wil hang out of the gun and add some weight. congrats on your 23 you will like it.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Kind of like buying a new Harley all the while thinking.......hmm, I hope the guy/girl that assembled this motorcycle wasn't hung over or having a bad day and forgot to torque the wheels down properly!
The gun has history even before we get them in the box. they are already shot once or twice (nyc requires a spent shell) but in between there and here there is no tell what happens or what might have broken loose in shipping. Some say "I never clean mine" I wish them luck because if something ever does happen they are going to wish they have. I have seen guy clean their guns every night even if they didn't shoot them just to oil and inspect them

if your talking about the hole at the bottom of the grip i think all glocks are made like that because you can get the gun with a lock that goes in that hole
Sorry jimmy, I have to correct you on this; that is a lariat hole for a lariat. Some military and police units overseas require a lariat and some combat shooters like them too. There is nothing worse they reaching for your side arm and it gone; lost in combat. they are common on a lot of military guns

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
quick question.. whats the part number or a source for a Glock factory 3.5 connector? i saw online that certain ghost connectors need to be fitted.. whats a brand that will just drop in? thats why i would prefer to stay with glock factory parts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
quick question.. whats the part number or a source for a Glock factory 3.5 connector? i saw online that certain ghost connectors need to be fitted.. whats a brand that will just drop in? thats why i would prefer to stay with glock factory parts
never heard that, all that I know of are drop in aftermarket or OEM. the only part of a connector that changes is the angle of connector that the trigger arm engages
connector 2.jpg connector.jpg

Reactions: RMD

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
There are 2 types of Ghosts trigger connectors. The 'Drop In' type commonly known as just Ghost Trigger Connectors with different model names for trigger weights, and then the 'Fitted' type which are called 'Ghost Rocket' Trigger Connectors. These need filing and tuning to get them just right.

PS. As far as I know Glock does not produce an OEM 3.5 trigger connector for aftermarket purchase.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Love my Gen4 G23, going to fondle it now. :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Love my Gen4 G23, going to fondle it now. :)
You're scaring me! LOL! I know, I get all of mine out all the time and wipe them down!!:)

·
Registered
960 Posts
I guess if the better half is away, may as well fondle a Glock!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just read into this a lil while ago turns out that glock stopped selling its oem factory 3.5 trigger to civilians and it was only made available to leo and military etc according to what the interwebs say.. so the oem connector made by glock is rare thus bringing us all the aftermarket companies..

on a side note i ordered the ghost 3.5 drop in connector =].. not gonna mess with "competition" springs because that lightens the firing pin spring and i will use this as a home defense gun so i dont want to mess with reliability

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
As far as releasisng the slide, I use the 'slingshot method', just pull back on the slide when it is locked back and let go! I have grip plugs in all my Glocks, mainly because in my opinion it looks better that way. I have heard it is for Lanyards, to let water out, or just to save $. Who knows why, it looks better and may help with a fast reload so the mag does not get hung up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So today I went to the range with my girlfriend , put 100 Winchester 165grain rounds through it, had a good time , at 10 yards I had hand sized grouping on the head and torso.. Not sure if that's good but I felt that my shots were consistent without any strays wandering far off the grouping,. Great fun but a bit much recoil for my gf who was also shooting for the first time in her life

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
So today I went to the range with my girlfriend , put 100 Winchester 165grain rounds through it, had a good time , at 10 yards I had hand sized grouping on the head and torso.. Not sure if that's good but I felt that my shots were consistent without any strays wandering far off the grouping,. Great fun but a bit much recoil for my gf who was also shooting for the first time in her life

That's a good grouping for SD - it should make someone think twice about continuing their attack :)

Keep practicing and then practice more and more and more...

The .40 S&W can be a bit snappy for first-timers. You should get a G19 for her and the Glocks can be a couple just like you guys are :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats! .... I have a G23 gen 3 it's my favorite. Your going to like it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts