Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine, for the most part, is the 27 gen4. I also carry a 23 gen4, but I find, due to the weight, after about three hours I'm ready to take it off.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I carry a g26 but train at home (dry fire and home invasion scenarios) with a g23 just because I like the longer grip.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...and that's why I carry the 27. I'm trying to get used to the 23 because it fits my hand perfect, and it's a joy to shoot. I have a Crossbreed holster arriving tomorrow...I'm hoping that will make the weight more tolerable. I'm left handed, so I have to pretty much special order everything. Totally sucks.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I just got a 36. Easy to conceal and great power. However, every now and then I will grab the 23. In fact, I carried the 23 today. :)

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I rotate my Glocks every week, sub or compact with light clothing, full size with covering garment.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Vague? Ok...are you carrying IWB, OWB, SOB, ankle, belly band...um, oh, pocket...I think that's it. :)
That depends again on my clothing dictated by the weather. For the last couple of days I have carried my G36 in a Conceal iT Tshirt under a long sleeved shirt, when in jeans and an untucked Tshirt, I carry in the appendix position in a VersaCarry. If wearing a covering jacket that is going to stay on either in a Galco Jackass Shoulder holster or OWB in a Glock sport holster among others. When wearing a light jacket or vest IWB behind the right hip in a Summer Special. As you can tell I have too many holsters.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Vague? Ok...are you carrying IWB, OWB, SOB, ankle, belly band...um, oh, pocket...I think that's it. :)

You missed AIWB, shoulder holster, bra holster (flashbang) and belt buckle for those that like NAA revolvers.:eek::D:rolleyes:;)

FYI... I carry in a modified (by me) belly band and I just got (some people hate) a Fobus paddle holster.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah...ok, so with the Glock 23, which method, and with what brand of holster do you find to be the most comfortable?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Ah...ok, so with the Glock 23, which method, and with what brand of holster do you find to be the most comfortable?
If you are looking for a holster there are a bunch of different ones and it really comes down to personal preference. Lots of people like the Iwb style (theis, advertises here) makes a good one. But if you just want a "get you by" one look at the Glock sport/combat holster. They are only 13.00 and it’s a pretty darn good holster. I bought one and cut the ears off to glue in my belly band; works great. Don humas (EBay) makes a nice IWB holster for about 30.00 too

I like my BB because it carries my gun ,pepper spray, extra mag, knife and flash light without filling my pockets

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
...and that's why I carry the 27. I'm trying to get used to the 23 because it fits my hand perfect, and it's a joy to shoot. I have a Crossbreed holster arriving tomorrow...I'm hoping that will make the weight more tolerable. I'm left handed, so I have to pretty much special order everything. Totally sucks.
i am also left handed and use uncle mike's iwb holster and weight nor anything else is a problem. i don't even feel it. i could be wrong but my guess is that your either new to carrying or don't carry all the time and when you do its not so much the weight but you are constantly thinking about it

·
Registered
241 Posts
My off duty is a 23C. I use an OWB holster. The suggestion already made about the Glock holster is a good one. You can find it dirt cheap, it works great, and couldn't be made any more durable. It actually conceals easier than my normal choice.

I use this...
BLACKHAWK Standard CQC Concealment Holster Matte Finish - Blackhawk Tactical Gear at ReactGear.com
I prefer it because it completely covers my muzzle. Not for safety reasons but because I want to prevent damage to the gun. Plus with the adjustment screw for tension cranked down it gives the exact amount of retention I like.

I carry one spare magazine.
BLACKHAWK Double Stack Mag Case Matte Finish - Blackhawk Tactical Gear at ReactGear.com
As it comes it will feel like it has too much retention. Set a magazine in it and in less than a week it is perfect. I've got one holder that is less than a month old and two that are probably about 12+ years old.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I think you're going to love the Crossbreed (Supertuck?). Once you find the sweet spot and right cant (3:30-4:00 for me & cant adjusted so that the top of the KYDEX is even with the top of my pants) give it 1-2 weeks of daily wear to mold to your body shape.

A carry belt is a must as well. There are many good ones out there, but my favorite is the Wilderness Instructor.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts