Glock Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the glock 30 gen 4. Shot it yesterday for the first time putting 200 185gr hollowpoints downrange (reloads)
Absolutely loved it, except the slide bite.
I put the smaller beavertail backstrap on but don't like the increased reach to get to the trigger or the vastly lower grip.
Is there an aftermarket backstrap that allows a high grip and is thin as well?
I've been looking at "Grip Force Adaptors" but they do not seem to have one for G30 Gen4.
Any help would be great. I love the un-altered grip so much I don't want to make the grip thicker or lower

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
one thing that might be happening is the gun is rocking in your hand allowing the slide to bite you on the rearward movement so I would say do some exercises that strength you wrists, forearm and grip and what I always recommend are some of these hand g.jpg

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
check your grip also you might be gripping to high

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I'll suffer the slide bite because of my grip, it allows a lot of control with the recoil and follow up shots
I think its just weak wrists allowing the gun to rock back

[video=youtube;3UaQaLxwGz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UaQaLxwGz8[/video]

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Glocks have never 'bitten' me...unlike the Walther PPK/S, which had a nasty bite to it!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Only time I ever got the "bite" I shot a friends HK P2000sk 40cal, everytime that slide came back it hit my knuckle on my thumb. Turns out I was gripping to high to account for the fact I couldn't get my pinky on the handle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks al for the input.
My grip is high, its hitting the webbing of my hand close to the slide. I'm just going to calus there a bit

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Sazed, I may have a solution for you. A high grip is a good thing. I modified the smaller beavertail on my Gen 4 21 by cutting off the lower half to start and then incrementally removing slightly more until I found the length I liked. I then eliminated the very slight gap by using a small amount of Rat Pad material and blending in the contour. Doing this had the effect of flattening out the rear profile of the grip somewhat and now feels almost like my Sig 220 in my hand.
You might want to give it a try. If you don't like it, the Rat Pad material can easily be removed leaving nothing behind and all you've done is destroyed one easily replaced and inexpensive component.
Lobo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts