Glock Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
No one needs that many guns! And a High point! I agree what was he thinking? :confused:

·
Registered
241 Posts
No one needs that many guns! And a High point! I agree what was he thinking? :confused:
I agree. According to that article he had...
• .38-caliber Smith & Wesson

• .38-caliber Taurus

• .22-caliber ATI GSG 1911

• 9mm Hi-Point

• 9mm Glock 17C

17C is a pretty nice gun. I've never shot one but the 17 is already pretty controllable so a C model should just track strait I would think with just about any standard load. Hi-Point? I seize one from time to time. I've yet to touch one that didn't strike me as having a possible pot metal construction. That 1911 would be a fun .22 I bet. I'm not a big fan of Taurus any longer. The S&W makes me wonder what kind. Overall some nice guns. A few sound like something you would buy to introduce your child to handguns (especially that .22). Wonder if those are all his bought by his dad.

Edit: I will say I own much more than 5 but I don't actually need them. :)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I own more than 5 also, just being sarcastic. When my son is goes to college, he won't be taking them with him!
I agree. According to that article he had...
• .38-caliber Smith & Wesson

• .38-caliber Taurus

• .22-caliber ATI GSG 1911

• 9mm Hi-Point

• 9mm Glock 17C

17C is a pretty nice gun. I've never shot one but the 17 is already pretty controllable so a C model should just track strait I would think with just about any standard load. Hi-Point? I seize one from time to time. I've yet to touch one that didn't strike me as having a possible pot metal construction. That 1911 would be a fun .22 I bet. I'm not a big fan of Taurus any longer. The S&W makes me wonder what kind. Overall some nice guns. A few sound like something you would buy to introduce your child to handguns (especially that .22). Wonder if those are all his bought by his dad.

Edit: I will say I own much more than 5 but I don't actually need them. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
and no one needs that many guns?????? of course you do!! Haha just not on a school campus...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have 7 Glocks and some others. We are not limited on the number of guns we can own. I did note that he was 17 though. So many times the Media harps on how many guns were owned or how much ammo was stored although in this case he was not eligable to purchase these.

·
Banned
966 Posts
My son's in college and he owns:

S&W 437 .38 Special Airweight
Glock G27
WASR-10/63
Ruger 10/22 (first gun)
Remington 870 28" skeet gun

He sold me his Mossberg Persuader to buy the Remington. He also has his CCP for the Airweight and the Baby Glock. But ... and here's that big hairy but ... no way he could have those in a dorm. He's lucky enough that he gets to stay in his grandparents' house (they're in a retirement community) which is 15 miles from the comm. college where he's studying to be a pistol-packing carpenter.

·
Banned
966 Posts
I just wanna punch that Jerry Peterson idiot. He wants students to feel "unrestrained" to discuss issues in class. So he thinks law-abiding CCP holders will shoot a fellow student who espouses a different view? Hey, I wouldn't go to an NRA meeting and propose gun control but in a college class? That's beyond ridiculous. It's insulting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some of these anti-gunners are finally coming to their senses, and now students at University of Colorado can conceal carry once again (University of Colorado allows students to carry guns — RT). Partial credit goes out to Ted Nugent for being so eloquent on Piers Morgan and explaining its proven in the FBI Uniform Report and the U.N. data:

1. gun-free zones have the most violent crime
2. in areas where most citizens own firearms have the least amount of crime
3. in areas where most citizens conceal carry, crime disappears altogether.

Secondly, we have a 2nd Amendment and there's no limit on the number of firearms we can own. And there shouldn't be a limit. Here in Michigan, there is no limit on the number of firearms you can conceal carry - and, there's ALWAYS been Open Carry since the inception of Michigan (not many citizens do because we understand Open Carry loses all tactical advantage).

I find it disturbing how Americans' thinking towards the 2nd Amendment has become warped since President Wilson's time (he abolished the law written by the Founding Fathers which required ALL able-bodied men over 18 to own/know how to use at least 1 firearm). Just yesterday afternoon, I was listening to Sean Hannity & Rudy Guliani talk about how everyone wanting to purchase a firearm should be required to take a firearms course prior to purchase. REALLY???! There's two common sense rules to a firearm: (1) NEVER point it at something you don't intent to shoot & (2) Look beyond your target before you pull the trigger. And these two idiots want me to pay for a course to learn that? Tell me: why should I have to pay someone money before I can exercise my God given, 2nd Amendment right to own a firearm to protect myself and my family anywhere, anytime?!!!

Someone tell me if I'm wrong here...but we don't have to pay to exercise any of our other natural rights.

Steve

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I can't say I totally disagree with the comment from Sean and Rudy. I thinks it the least a responsible gun owner could do. In days gone by you were trained by the family to use firearms and if you were going to eat you needed to know how to shoot. But now days there're too many people who think they know how to handle a weapon because they play 'SOCOM Navy Seals' or 'Call of Duty' video games. I wouldn't have a problem if the county picked up the cost rather than the individual but I believe everyone who wants to own and carry should be required to show competency. VA gives special consideration for CCW permits for LEOS and Military as long as they can prove competency but if anyone else want a CCW then you need to attend a class. I think is only common sense and safety, being educated on the CCW laws and to show that you can shoot safely. Heck, to continue to carry under LEOSA I have to qualify every year and I've been shooting firearms since I was 7, some of that time was competitively.

·
Banned
966 Posts
I had to take a safety/training class to get my CCP and didn't mind a bit. I don't want to be walking around in public with people who bought their CCP at WalMart along with their HiPoint and their TulAmmo.

Steve, no offense but your constitutional rights weren't granted by God or any natural order. They're granted by the Constitution of the United States. And yes, we have to pay to exercise our 2A right to bear arms. That is, ever since the government stopped issuing free weapons to the citizenry. Seeing as how you have to already buy a gun to bear it, paying a little more for training is no big deal to me, just as with a car, motorcycle, forklift or other machine capable of killing.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
It's good to know your state laws from an excellent instructor. Local cop gave our class. He was cool. I had my training as a teen from stomping the Florida swamps with lots of different stuff. Then there was Ft.Knox with the POS GM built M16.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts