Glock Forum banner

Quality of Rounds?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a carry ammunition and found these which are supposed to be similar to the G2 R.I.P round. Anyone heard anything about these? Or does anyone have a suggested 45acp carry round?
image.jpeg

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Never heard of them. My advice would be to stick to a proven round. Federal HST, Speer Gold Dots, Winchester Ranger, etc.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
I personally never liked the Looks of the R.I.P round. It looks all bad and shit, but I just don't like the ballistic penetration. This one seems a little more "rounded". I don't like the 150 gr. weight either.

I STILL like the "slow movin" FAT 230 gr. Federal Hydra Shok, or the Federal HST Round for my Carry 30s.

Reactions: NunquamNonParatus

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use to carry critical defense in my G23 but when I picked up my 21 I ran into North Georgia Reloads to pick up a box for of CD but found the Spec Ops for around $35 for a box of twenty and they had the CD for $45 a box so I just got the cheaper round on a whim. I was thinking of going back to the CD but wasn't sure if anyone could vouch for these?

·
Registered
7,263 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I find it difficult to take a .45 ACP in a .38 Special weight seriously. Something in 230 gr please. Federal Hydra-Shok, Winchester Ranger, Hornady XTP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
>I find it difficult to take a .45 ACP in a .38 Special weight seriously. Something in 230 gr please.

JMB originally designed the .45 Auto for a 200gn bullet. Nothing magical about 230gn other than the military wanted a heavier bullet based on their experience with .45 Colt.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
I am curious about the Liberty. 45ACP+P 1900 FPS 45 ACP Lead Free - Liberty Ammunition If you pack a .45 these are very light to carry. All I have to shoot 45 out of is already heavy, JHP45 HiPoint pistol, or a 4595 carbine.

Reactions: Mschrader92

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am curious about the Liberty. 45ACP+P 1900 FPS 45 ACP Lead Free - Liberty Ammunition If you pack a .45 these are very light to carry. All I have to shoot 45 out of is already heavy, JHP45 HiPoint pistol, or a 4595 carbine.
NICE DUSTER IN YOUR AVATAR...!!! I`m an old mopar fan. I own several..!
As for the AMMO, cant go wrong with federal HST`s. Unload that Hi-Point pistol. Get you a Glock 30S an never look back.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
NICE DUSTER IN YOUR AVATAR...!!! I`m an old mopar fan. I own several..!
As for the AMMO, cant go wrong with federal HST`s. Unload that Hi-Point pistol. Get you a Glock 30S an never look back.
The 30S is on my list of things to get. I have been spending money on long guns lately. I.O. AK47, I am loading mags for my NIB S&W 15-22. Keep finding deals on HiPoint 995TS's. I was up to 5 and sold one on Sunday. I need to sell a 2213 S&W (I have 3 don't ask how that happened!)

My Duster has been sitting on jack stands for almost 8 years. I need to get it rolling again or sell it.Maybe we need to start a Mopar thread?

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Automatic or manual?

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
Automatic or manual?

Factory 3 on the tree manual. There is a 833OD 4 speed hanging in there now. 198CID slant six, M-1 2bb intake, ported, polished head with .090 shaved off the bottom, Hooker 6 into 2 headers dual turbo mufflers, H-pipe. 3:23's with open rear, stock cam. 10.58's at 59mph in the 1/8thmi on street tires. I am almost getting some air under one of those front tires in that pic. I would post a bigger version of that pic but I switched computers yesterday. The old one died and I need to remove the pics from there when I get it to a friend's house.

Manual steering, manual 9" drum brakes, radio delete, no cigar lighter, dealer added A/C, rubber floor mats. I have 72 buckets for it, all the stuff for disc conversion, and a '65 B body 8 3/4 rear for it. Just don't work on it.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
That's a big slug to be so light. I can't believe it would penetrate as well as a smaller caliber bullet with similar weight.

Without penetration, a round is ineffective.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
That's a big slug to be so light. I can't believe it would penetrate as well as a smaller caliber bullet with similar weight.

Without penetration, a round is ineffective.
The 9 I wouldn't carry. The .45 yes, the .40? Maybe. In a 16-17.5" barrel this stuff would be rippin' really fast! I might load the 9 in a HP carbine.

[video=youtube;T_hZMZM1l04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_hZMZM1l04[/video]

·
Registered
7,263 Posts

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
I don't like the 150 gr. weight either.

I STILL like the "slow movin" FAT 230 gr. Federal Hydra Shok, or the Federal HST Round
In .45 I shoot nothing but 230 gr.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
In .45 I shoot nothing but 230 gr.

And this means what? So a light weight fighter jet stabbing into you will do less damage that a slow moving truck? Looks to me the Liberty will fuck some shit up and cause blood loss from many places in one Hell of a hurry. Blood loss decapacitates the bad guy quicker right? Of course 2 in the chest 1 in the head splattering and going in 12 different directions won't? Not sure if I know what you are saying.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts