Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past 6 months I have become interested in Spyderco knives. Interested enough that I am now up to 12 different models. I rotate carry, changing every day. One thing that I like is that the operating system is the same for opening with all models. That is the same thing that attracted me to Glocks.

Reactions: Oldcop

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I have always heard good reviews on the Spyderco's knives. I have not bought one yet I carry a Benchmark H&K Tanto blade. I need to pick up a Spyderco to throw in a BOB. Can't have too many knives when the SHTF.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Again, you all have reminded me of my need for a new carry blade...Thanks

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
In CO, blade has to be less than 3.5 inches or it's considered a "weapon". That was a big selling point of the Tenacious for me.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Yeah, cause God knows you couldn't kill anyone with a blade less than 3.5 inches. Daily, the severe stupidity of our governing body just amazes me. The Tenacious is a nice little knife though.
Roger that. I can tell you *I* wouldn't want that little 3 3/8" blade cutting into me :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Spyder Co , makes a good piece of steal. I have had a couple through the years. It seems that someone (my dad) always asks to borrow one and I never get it back.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All of their knives are of good quality. i was leery of the ones from China and Taiwan but I have some of both and they are quality made knives. Just received the Zulu today and either tomorrow or Starday my Masayad Ayaoob model should be here, it is a discontinued model. If you go to the Spyderco web site they have good detailed write ups on all of their knives. I think my next will be the Military Model with black blade. I have the fever.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
All of their knives are of good quality. i was leery of the ones from China and Taiwan but I have some of both and they are quality made knives. Just received the Zulu today and either tomorrow or Starday my Masayad Ayaoob model should be here, it is a discontinued model. If you go to the Spyderco web site they have good detailed write ups on all of their knives. I think my next will be the Military Model with black blade. I have the fever.
Ah, yes...the fever...me too...gotta get me one

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
CRAP! now I'm going to have to buy one. DAMN YOU RMD!!!!!!
hehehe

One nice thing about them is that you can go nice & cheap with their Chinese line (like I did with the $30 Tenacious from Amazon) or choose something made in the U.S. - a bit pricier, but very nice. You can also shop by the type of steel used which I found neat as well.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
OK, RMD..so now you're probably responsible for two guys spending money on knives...This is good info...thanks

·
Registered
655 Posts
Make that a THIRD.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Stop it! You're all gonna make me want another one and I'm in the middle of an ammo stock-up and can't be distracted!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Stop it! You're all gonna make me want another one and I'm in the middle of an ammo stock-up and can't be distracted!
Same here with the new range only 10 minutes away and open until 9PM I will be out of ammo soo. I'm going to have to up my purchases on ammo. Knives will have to wait.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Same here with the new range only 10 minutes away and open until 9PM I will be out of ammo soo. I'm going to have to up my purchases on ammo. Knives will have to wait.

9 PM...?...Sweet...yeh, my ammo would be on the decline, too...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Warning! You buy a Spyderco you will want more then more then more. The cycle will not stop. I have a Paramilitary 2 in my pocket right now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts