Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just traded into a used Glock 26. I think it is a gen3 and has a serial number of DNZXXXUS. The previous owner also got it used some time ago and does not know how old it is.

The barrel is marked Glock with a matching serial number, but it appears to be conventional 6 groove rifling. I thought all Glocks had Polygonal rifling.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Also, anyone have any idea when this pistol was made?

Thanks!

Mark in Alabama

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
as far as I know Glock has always used an polygonal barrel

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Only 2 types that I know of the octagonal polygonal rifling for the .45 Cal and the other calibers get the hexagonal polygonal rifling. I don't recall ever seeing anything about Glock making standard rifling barrels

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. According to a list of serial numbers I have seen your Glock was born in the mid 90's. However, you can find out for sure by calling Glock at 770-432-1202, they will be glad to give you a test fired date.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

After doing some more reading, I think I have a standard Glock barrel. I was just suprized to see discernable lands and grooves. The polygonal rifling in my CZ-82 is much different. I'm very please with the 26 so far and look forward to putting some rounds through it. My only concern is the Mag release. It is hard to press with big hands on the small grip.

Thanks again

Mark in Alabama

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Conventional = bullet altered by the lands - grooves that allow gases to escape - residue build-up making it more difficult to clean
Hexagonal/octagonal = better fit between barrel and bullet - better gas seal - higher (and more importantly uniform) velocity and aids with close up accuracy

From what I am reading some are suggesting that the lands are an aftermarket job. Some are claiming that you can the barrel cut to include more pronounced groves but this would ruin the gas check seal that the Hexagonal/octagonal barrel produces and thins the barrel out in spots by cutting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts