Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure where I should be posting this but anyways....

What states do not require a pistol permit for purchase?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts

There are several good references out there. I grabbed a link to the Wiki that you should give you some additional information. Always corroborate the wiki before making any decisions though. They are not 100% reliable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the welcome!

I'm basically getting around to...i live in new York, what state around me can I go to so I can purchase a pistol that doesn't Have to be registered ;)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thank you for the welcome!

I'm basically getting around to...i live in new York, what state around me can I go to so I can purchase a pistol that doesn't Have to be registered ;)
Under federal law, you can buy a shotgun or rifle at a FFl Dealer in any state, following that federal and state laws.

Handguns may be purchased, but must be shipped back to a FFL dealer in your own state, and transferred to you via your home state law, or the buyer has to be a resident of the state that the purchase takes place in, with some minor adjustments for active duty military

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Move to Texas, no problem here.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Permit to buy a Gun????????????????????????

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

Most states don't. But I wouldn't try to get around *your* states laws. Could be big trouble down the line. Go through whatever you have to go through - not fun, but that's definitely what I'd do.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Most states don't. But I wouldn't try to get around *your* states laws. Could be big trouble down the line. Go through whatever you have to go through - not fun, but that's definitely what I'd do.
Sound advice.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That's probably the best advice you could be given...Dot all the i's, and cross all the t's ...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
And build another one on top of it, lol
Bloomburg sent his agents into VA to try to buy guns from Gun Shows and Gun Stores a couple of years ago. Then tried to shut gun shows down all across the country because he said that out of state guns were being sold and being brought back into the state illegally

·
Registered
188 Posts
Bloomburg sent his agents into VA to try to buy guns from Gun Shows and Gun Stores a couple of years ago. Then tried to shut gun shows down all across the country because he said that out of state guns were being sold and being brought back into the state illegally
He also is the one that started the "Mayors against guns org." that is spreading accross the country. He, being a BILLIONAIRE, doesn't have to worry about personal protection with all his well armed bodyguards and state police protection. The rest of us, I guess, just have to fend for ourselves. Remember, a liberal is just a conservative that hasn't been mugged yet!;)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
He also is the one that started the "Mayors against guns org." that is spreading accross the country. He, being a BILLIONAIRE, doesn't have to worry about personal protection with all his well armed bodyguards and state police protection. The rest of us, I guess, just have to fend for ourselves. Remember, a liberal is just a conservative that hasn't been mugged yet!;)
No I think it's more of a mental issue than anything else. A Utopian state of mind rather than living in the reality of here and now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.