Glock Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the title kinda says it but the story goes like this. When I was about 21 I bought my first gun, which happened to be a Glock 21. About 12 years ago my house was broken into and the gun was stolen. About six months later I replaced it was another 21. Three days ago I received a letter from the PD that took the original report on it that they had the gun and I need to call and make an appointment to pick it up. On the phone the detective said it was pretty rough and it wasn't complete but maybe I could clean it up and use it for parts. I picked the gun up and this is what I found.

Trigger Air gun Font Handwriting Gun barrel

At first it just looked muddy and dirty but then I turned the stock over and looked inside not really expecting much but...

Space Engineering Event Font Metal

Doubt anything can be done with it but I am going to clean it up and take whats left of it apart.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've got to know what happened to it. They did tell you I hope. I've recovered stolen guns but never one in that bad a shape.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was recovered by another agency out of a pond. He said the report didn't include much detail except that the pond was near a police precinct station. Not sure why but I got the feeling there were some more details that he didn't or couldn't tell me.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
hard to tell from picture but looks like maybe a fire before the pond. anyway i know the feeling i had 14 guns stolen 3 years ago. never heard a word.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Well, the title kinda says it but the story goes like this. When I was about 21 I bought my first gun, which happened to be a Glock 21. About 12 years ago my house was broken into and the gun was stolen. About six months later I replaced it was another 21. Three days ago I received a letter from the PD that took the original report on it that they had the gun and I need to call and make an appointment to pick it up. On the phone the detective said it was pretty rough and it wasn't complete but maybe I could clean it up and use it for parts. I picked the gun up and this is what I found.

View attachment 505

At first it just looked muddy and dirty but then I turned the stock over and looked inside not really expecting much but...

View attachment 506

Doubt anything can be done with it but I am going to clean it up and take whats left of it apart.
Call or write Glock. They might just swap it out with a brand new one.

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The detective saying it was "pretty rough was an understatement. Looks like it would be good only for a souvenir. Sorry you lost a great handgun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1jimmy, no fire that I can tell. Just lots of time in water. Its very rusted.

RMD, I thought about it. I might just to see what happens. Can't hurt.

texcowboy, I was going to take it apart and clean it up to see if I might be able to make it usable. Unfortunately you hit the nail on the head. It's just a souvenir now. The slide rails are pretty badly rusted. One of the back ones is almost completely gone. So unless there is a way to replace them looks like a souvenir is exactly what it is.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hello all. I am new here and love to read the Glock stories and posts. As far as the recovery of the stolen firearm, all I can say is "wow"! Doesn't look in any way, shape or form good use even for parts. I will say it is, no doubt, a great conversation piece and story to tell! Glad you got it back, even though it's in the shape it's in.:)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Call or write Glock. They might just swap it out with a brand new one.

And welcome to the forum!
Again, welcome to the forum...I agree with RMD, I'd share this story with Glock...with all the testimonials they print, they surely would be interested in the story, at least from the customer loyalty perspective...just sayin'... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Again, welcome to the forum...I agree with RMD, I'd share this story with Glock...with all the testimonials they print, they surely would be interested in the story, at least from the customer loyalty perspective...just sayin'... :rolleyes:
Exactly. I've read more than one story where the do this. Good PR for them, new Glock for the customer. Win/Win!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Hello all. I am new here and love to read the Glock stories and posts. As far as the recovery of the stolen firearm, all I can say is "wow"! Doesn't look in any way, shape or form good use even for parts. I will say it is, no doubt, a great conversation piece and story to tell! Glad you got it back, even though it's in the shape it's in.:)
Thank you for your service and welcome to the forum from Colorado!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Paperweight. Clean it up a lil and use it as a conversation piece.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It was recovered by another agency out of a pond. He said the report didn't include much detail except that the pond was near a police precinct station. Not sure why but I got the feeling there were some more details that he didn't or couldn't tell me.
Hopefully who ever stole it was also at the bottom of that pond.....:mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts