Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Texas going to lead the Nation in school safety? This man says he has the way to stop them and discourage people from wanting to try

These shooters, even though they are evil and have mental problems, they inevitably know where they are going,” explained Thweatt. “They are going where they won’t get any resistance. Let’s put it this way, would you put a sign in front of your house that says, ‘I am against guns. You will find no resistance here?’ That would be a stupid thing to do. You’re going to invite people who like to take advantage of helpless individuals.
Read more: Stop school shootings by letting teachers fire back, say Texas officials | Fox News

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Some form of that may be in the future of our schools...There aren't enough police to do their required jobs, and adequately patrol our schools, too... The answer isn't in having every teacher armed, either...Especially since many will be opposed... However, having some designated and trained staff (identity undisclosed other than to administration) would certainly cause some of these idiots to reconsider...just my .02

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if that school in Connecticut would have had some armed teachers there would have been a different outcome. They heard him breaking the glass to enter and when he was approached he shot the principle in the head. If she would have had a gun he might have never made it through the door but instead they are going to attack the gun owners like we have something to do with it

Reactions: 1jimmy

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Yep....and yep...!!! And yep, again...they'll want to erode more of our rights because of the "evil guns"...to be expected...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Gander Mountain, Wal-Mart and Dick's sporting goods have all taken down their AR style firearm ads. (Gander only took down their Bushmaster series) I see the big box stores jumping out of the fire for the time being and seeing what happens with the political climate.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
One of the local Wally world stores said they're still selling them, just can't keep 'em in stock...had 1 bushmaster left...period...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Same here in VA. The current administration is talking about allowing school administrators to carry while on school property. Now I just hope they have the testical fortitude to do what need to be done in preparation for the possibility of a threat

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
they are talking about giving teachers tasers here in CO. Better than nothing at all.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this was on the news

[video=youtube;gZ0WG5-1C2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ0WG5-1C2Q[/video]

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i asked a teacher today about this. he is a shooter and owns quite a few guns but said most of the teachers would want nothing to do with it because there job is to teach not protection. its up to the authorities to provide protection. and as much is that would be a pretty good fix i have to say i kind of agree with him.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
i asked a teacher today about this. he is a shooter and owns quite a few guns but said most of the teachers would want nothing to do with it because there job is to teach not protection. its up to the authorities to provide protection. and as much is that would be a pretty good fix i have to say i kind of agree with him.
I can understand the sentiment...to a degree...But at the same time, I guess I'm from a different mold... Whether it is military, coaching, pastor/youth pastor, I've always had the perspective that I was responsible for those entrusted to me... whether those particular guidelines were written or not...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I can understand the sentiment...to a degree...But at the same time, I guess I'm from a different mold... Whether it is military, coaching, pastor/youth pastor, I've always had the perspective that I was responsible for those entrusted to me... whether those particular guidelines were written or not...
Same with me but then again there are leaders/sheepdogs and there are followers/sheep. I would rather not have sheep who don't want to carry, carry. When the time comes for action they mentally won't be ready for what is coming and will be more of a hindrance than a help.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I'm with ya on that... sheep with guns, no way...need sheep dogs...I have to think that schools have at least a couple of those, lol...realizing of course, that this will vary in different regions of the country...No shortage in the south...Bubba's everywhere...

·
Banned
966 Posts
The Rich pay enough towards the wasted treasury, Time for everybody to start pulling their weight.
So how do we pay for armed guards at every school? That's my point. Ideas without funding are the reason Dems keep winning elections. Anybody can string a few words together in a sentence accompanied by a cool poster.

Oh, and FYI, the rich pay less in taxes now than they ever have: Tax Cuts Since 1980's

Quote:

"The effective federal income tax rate paid by the wealthiest Americans has dropped significantly during the last several decades, largely because of tax cuts on investment income."

1 - 20 of 36 Posts