Glock Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, and the catastrophic damage caused by it, just wanted to say that prayers are up for those in it's path. For those who suffered loss of family, homes, business's, property and even that all-necessary electricity, many are praying for you, and hoping that the help you need is soon coming. I just want to ask all of our believers on the forum to join me in remembering these in prayer. Some of these are experiencing even more complicated matters by the winter event caused by Sandy, and power outages as well. I've seen some of my family spared on Long Island N.Y., Virginia, all the way to Boston...as bad as it has been, and will be for a day or two...it could have been worse...
I'm pretty sure that we have some on here that have been affected in some manner...
Thanks,
rowabi

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Scores of Twitter users have flooded the social networking site announcing their plans to go on looting sprees once Hurricane Sandy makes landfall, as the New York National Guard announced it would put troops on duty in Long Island to prevent such activity.
they just can't wait to take advantage of people

» Gangs Plan Hurricane Looting Spree Via Twitter Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

my sister-in law sent this pic this morning, she said they have 5 ft of water around their house and they live on a hill

196138_10151150418209753_2140091085_n.jpg

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
my sister-in law sent this pic this morning, she said they have 5 ft of water around their house and they live on a hill

View attachment 676
Incredible pic...Hope your family is ok...And yep, I told my wife this morning that the looting was next...That's another reason we need to remember those folks in prayer...I'm thinking that a lot more folks could get hurt...both bad and good folks...

·
Registered
960 Posts
In light of Hurricane Sandy, and the catastrophic damage caused by it, just wanted to say that prayers are up for those in it's path. For those who suffered loss of family, homes, business's, property and even that all-necessary electricity, many are praying for you, and hoping that the help you need is soon coming. I just want to ask all of our believers on the forum to join me in remembering these in prayer. Some of these are experiencing even more complicated matters by the winter event caused by Sandy, and power outages as well. I've seen some of my family spared on Long Island N.Y., Virginia, all the way to Boston...as bad as it has been, and will be for a day or two...it could have been worse...
Thanks...
I'm with you! They have been in my prayers for quite a few days now and I still pray for them every day. They can't get through this alone!

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm a firm believer that these people need help now and that one day, I could certainly be in those same shoes. It's nice to know that Americans come together in such a bad time to help those that are in need. The clean-up and power restoration is going to take a while and God will be with them the whole way!

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
these are pics of seaside hights/ toms river and the mile long board walk that USED to be there. my family used to go there for a week every summer for over 20 years and now it is trashed. A peir that the rollercoster used to sit on is gone and you can see it in the water

398194_506917902661060_1586930994_n.jpg 249254_506879965998187_2145407324_n.jpg 599232_10151206830039099_1255553856_n.jpg 527549_3930285058946_561014349_n.jpg

·
Registered
960 Posts
these are pics of seaside hights/ toms river and the mile long board walk that USED to be there. my family used to go there for a week every summer for over 20 years and now it is trashed. A peir that the rollercoster used to sit on is gone and you can see it in the water

View attachment 682 View attachment 683 View attachment 684 View attachment 685
Well, at least there is a positive to this. All of those fun items can be replaced over time. Your family can NEVER be replaced. It's good to hear that they are ok and got through this disaster with no injuries or God forbid, death. A thank you prayer to the one that watches over us is in order. Some weren't so fortunate.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
My family went thru Katrina so I know how worried a person can be for their family and friends. Prayers are offered.

As far as the looting, I was afraid that would happen as it did in New Orleans! I hope the National Guard is authorized to use force when it does.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
We see damage like this at this scale is devastating never the less. with time things will be back to normal is a statement and I as we have seen from new Orleans. Things don't snap back; parts of NJ are over 200 years old and you can't replace that.

where I grew up at the beach used to have a boardwalk and bungalows lining the area and it was the place to go in the summer and a hurricane hit in 1955 and wiped the shore line out and 40 years latter is still is not the same

The financial devastation some will never get over and will cost them everything.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Didn't get much where I am in VA. Steady light rain, cold and wind. Precautionary closures but nothing damaged or loss of power.
That's very good to hear! Especially when the early predictions covered lots of states. Glad to know you and your family are well! :)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
My parents are still without power or phone. They are about 6 or 7 miles from the beach. They had a tree fall across the road, and some branches down. Glad they don't live closer to the water. They are in CT.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My parents are still without power or phone. They are about 6 or 7 miles from the beach. They had a tree fall across the road, and some branches down. Glad they don't live closer to the water. They are in CT.
Hope things get better there soon...:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts