Glock Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased this gun 9/12/12 and have shot maybe 200 rds through it .I was at the range last week and fired 4 rds and when the slide came back the firing pin struck the primer on the next rd before it was chambered,blowing up the side of the brass and splitting the mag release and dropping the mag.The flame came through the now open hole where the mag release was and burned the #### out of my finger.Emailed and called Glock and they say I was responsible for shipping and that because I was using reloads that it was not under warranty.
I have been reloading for years and know what I'm doing......this is my LAST GLOCK!!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
They make it plain in their instruction manual No Reloads ! I dont understand how the firing pin can strike the primer before the round is chambered. I'm sure someone will come along with more expertise then I to explain.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Yep, Glock says no reloads but why blame the gun for a user error. Just for the record the gun will not fire unless the shell case in seated. if the firing pin his the shell loose it will push it forward and not make a hard enough contact just being free floating in the chamber

·
Registered
117 Posts
As the slide returns forward after the pistol is fired, the cruciform part of the trigger bar makes contact with the nose of the striker. This is when engagement between the striker and trigger bar occurs. So, the striker is in the rearward position as the slide returns forward, and not extending through the breech face. The striker cannot fly forward until engagement is lost ( trigger pulled).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts