Glock Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend is my local gun show in palmetto, and as always will be attending. I maybe looking for a inexpensive 38 revolver. Im not looking to spend a lot of money the only purpose it will really serve is thrown in my tackle box or hiking bag. I dont want to expose my guns to those type of elements to much. Dirt, salt water etc cant be good even for glocks in a repeated manner. I will not carry the gun or use for home defense of course i will clean and fire at range occasionally but i admit i wont be pampering it that much. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Taurus comes to mind...they make a pretty good gun for what you described...Model 85, I believe...they even have/had some concealed hammer models. You might even bump up a bit and look at the same sized gun in .327 Fed Mag...more power than a .38, with a lot less recoil than a .357...just my .02
Good luck, and let us know what you do...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
rowabi gives good advice, taurus is a nice revolver i have 2 85I and they are as good as a smith. 327 would be nice but the ammo is expensive and hard to find but if your not going to shoot it often then it really doesn't matter. there are no deals at gun show around here in mass you might be better off looking for a lgs who's starving.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I agree with both of the above, Taurus makes a good revolver and from what I hear has good customer service. I believe the newer ones are guaranteed for the life of the gun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This weekend is my local gun show in palmetto, and as always will be attending. I maybe looking for a inexpensive 38 revolver. Im not looking to spend a lot of money the only purpose it will really serve is thrown in my tackle box or hiking bag. I dont want to expose my guns to those type of elements to much. Dirt, salt water etc cant be good even for glocks in a repeated manner. I will not carry the gun or use for home defense of course i will clean and fire at range occasionally but i admit i wont be pampering it that much. Any recommendations?
A lead filled aluminum baseball bat or maybe a Neanderthal Club, like ALLY OOP carrie's. Makes me sick to know any firearm will be treated that way!!!!! Jackalope3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts