Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
That is a really good deal. The LGS sells them around here for $399.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I thought that price looked familiar. I get the JG sales email, bought my 100rd AR mag from them. They have a lot of foreign police pistols for sale also.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Spoke with Ben from J&G tonight on the phone. He said they several hundred in stock, all are low round count fired LEO weapons with minor to noticeable holster wear. I have mine reserved pending getting my FFL to fax the paperwork tomorrow. 1 G22 and 4 mags for under $400, I like good deals :D

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
are you able to take advantage or do you have to buy from an in-state dealer?[/QUO

don't have to buy from in state dealer, it works the same here as i think in any other state. ffl to ffl. but unless it was made prior to 10/21/98 its not legal here according to the attorney general. however being a retired leo i am exempt from the attorney generals regulation and can legally buy new ones. i have a 26,27,29,30 and 36 all were between 440.00-480.00 range brand new

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Great deal. I wish they'd offer some LEO .357 SIG trade ins!

Seems like they hold on to them once they get them though :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
are you able to take advantage or do you have to buy from an in-state dealer?
don't have to buy from in state dealer, it works the same here as i think in any other state. ffl to ffl. but unless it was made prior to 10/21/98 its not legal here according to the attorney general. however being a retired leo i am exempt from the attorney generals regulation and can legally buy new ones. i have a 26,27,29,30 and 36 all were between 440.00-480.00 range brand new
that's good. At least you have price competition then and the instate dealers can't rule the sales.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I was in Cheaper Than Dirt, here in Fort Worth yesterday and they have the LEO G22s for $399.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
My order from J&G Sales shipped yesterday. I should pick it up on Monday. I'll post some pics here when it's in so you can see the condition.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Well due to a bad storm and power outages my pick up was delayed until today. My FFL Dealer actually just got their power back on about 6pm this evening. The gun was in great condition. Minor scratched from the seat belt on the right side grip, but barley noticeable. 4 Pre-Ban 'LEO only' mags, a set of TruDot night sights and the lunch pail. The sights still have some glow but are more yellow in day light than they are white. Probably several years of oil soaked in. I might consider swapping them for a new pair. All springs were in great working order as the bruise on my finger can attest too. :) I took the time after a quick check at the dealer/range to run 50 rounds through it. At 25 and 75 feet I was consistently hitting just left of center of an 8" target. Another reason to swap out sites to correct that. But 3" at 75 feet is not bad. The ejection on this is unbelievable. I was throwing brass 5 feet to my 4 o'clock. Definitely don't have to worry about stepping on it when shooting this one. All mags were in good working order. No FTF were experienced on this outing. It came ***** and span clean too.

As promised here are the picks for the LEO Trade-In G22 Gen 3.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Material property Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory Water Rectangle Circle Font Pattern Automotive lighting Gas Electric blue Astronomical object Space

All in all definitely worth $330.

PS. these are not hi-res pics. I cut their weight for faster viewing

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thought I would update the thread in the event someone else was considering purchasing one of these G22s. I found out that this G22 and I would presume the lot of them came from the Tucson Public Safety Academy. This explains why they are in such good condition. I would bet their armors are meticulous on how the trainees turn in their weapons. It does indicate though that they could be high round count weapons although you could not tell from looks or performance. I did also find out that this G22 was manufactured on 10/2002. The frame was warrantied in 2/2006 the original was destroyed in 6/2006. No recalls in effect. Still happy with the purchase.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts