1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I was on Active Duty, I was assigned as a Pay Officer one payday in a deployed assignment. I had a large sum of cash, US Dollars in a foreign Country. The funds were for US Army soldiers to cash checks on payday. It was well known we had large sums of cash, I was armed with my service pistol (Sig P228) in a shoulder holster and I had a PFC serving as my guard, he was armed with a standard issue M-16. I also had my Glock 17 in a concealed holster in the small of my back. While we were transfering (carrying) the money from the street into the HQs building, a local national grabbed me around the neck he was behind me with me in a head lock, he was trying to get my service weapon out of my shoulder holster, I clamped dowm hard on my weapon with my left arm, used my right hand (strong side) to pull my Glock out of my concealed carry position, I immediately put the barrel of the Glock to the head of the assailant and ended the attempted robbery. I did not have to fire my weapon, the assailant let go before I shot him. Concealed carry is always a good countermeasure. If I were in the situation in the article, I think I would be sure to keep some seperation between me and the other guy, watch him closely and try to get my weapon cleared before he could. If an assailant gets his hands on me, I am going to draw my weapon, just to be the first one with a gun in my hand. I will not be shot because I got beat to the draw by some asshole threatening me or mine. I may not put the drawn gun in his face and I will hopefully be able to keep the gun out of plain view after I get it drawn, but I will have my hands on it and it out of my holster first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts