Glock Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, the one Glock sued them over. It's since been replaced by the SD models, but I am seeing the Sigma SW9VE for about $250. I know it's not a Glock, but damn, $250? Really? Hard to pass up at that price.

sw9ve.jpg

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
you get what you pay for, they are all right but the gun is made cheep and no accessories fit the rail. you have to buy an adaptor. a buddy had one and it had a bout a 9 LB trigger pull

Reactions: mrmike7189

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
they are ok and your right, the double spring can be lightened up

[video=youtube;6pEguWz813w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pEguWz813w[/video]

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
the one I seen takes one of the springs out, this guy replaces it. taking one out cuts the trigger weight in half

yea its my place to go when I need to know how to

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I have shot one briefly. I don't recall it being too bad just a heavy trigger.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i have had a couple of 9ve and a 40 ve and yes the trigger is a tough one but you can get use to it, over all they were great guns and very accurate. almost all were two tone except for the very first ones which were called allied forces and all black those were the ones that look exactly like a glock. and if i remember right smith sold around 16000 of them to the government for use in afghanistan back a few years ago. going price for a used one here in mass is 250-299. new ones when they first came out were about 369.00

·
Registered
34 Posts
The best fix for the sigma trigger pull is to obtain from Wolf Spring Co. a new striker spring that will reduce trigger pull down to about 6 and a half lbs. I own both the 9 and 40 versions, and the wolf springs have done wonders for both. Sigma is a great value gun relative to price and quality. A "beater" gun, not hardly. Want a "beater", get a $150 High Point or a 25 caliber Raven that could be gotten for a bag of popcorn.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't mind the tougher trigger pull, in fact, I would welcome it. I've always thought Glocks were too light (yes, I know they have a 'NY' spring you can install)
The Glock grip has never felt right to me, either.

I am just hoping the S&W Sigma is a reliable weapon.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ok, here is some info: Sigma came out in 94 with the sw9f and sw40f to compete with the g17, etc. In 96 the "m" came out. In 97 the Glock vs SW lawsuit finalized. In 99 the sw9ve came out (notice after the lawsuit), it was modified to make the Glock lawyers happy. In 2005 the M&P came out, and in 2012 the SD9ve came out. Of course, any of the above the 9 could be changed to 40.

I have a SW9f and it shoots great after you add an apex kit before the kit 10lb trigger pull using my trigger scale, now 4.2lbs. (remind anyone of any other manufacture that "we" talk like that??) Yea, this forum. I even replaced the front site with a glock 19 HiViz with a little fitting it went right in the oval hole. Even the front site hole is the same. I had to do some fitting when I put a HiViz on my G23 gen 2. The sw9f looked like a glock 17 G1 but had a grip angle like a 1911.
Just remember: Copying is the sincerest form of flattery

·
Registered
3 Posts
Love mine. I don't mind the hard trigger so much, just that it feels a bit "gritty." Aside from that, I really like the way it fits my hand and it eats any ammo I run through it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love this weapon. I bought one maybe 2 years ago now, I got a spectacular deal on mine at a gun show, they were asking for 320 but i talked them down to 285 and when i got home and opened up all the paperwork theres was a mail in rebate offer. The deal was 50 bucks back or 2 extra hi cap mags, since i had already bought an extra mag at the same time i bought the gun i chose the cash. I mailed it in and i don't remember how long exactly but i do remember that i was impressed by how fast it was. so after the rebate i paid 235, you just cannot beat that. As for the gun itself I really don't have any complaints it has ate all the different kinds of ammo I've fed it, even with the hard trigger its surprisingly accurate, I actually likethe long trigger pull as it works as another safety in a way because it would be darn near impossible to pull that trigger by mistake. I have probably put 1000 rounds through it without any real problems that come to mind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the sw40 (traded a 20gauge for it) and removed the outer sear spring to lighten the trigger pull (otherwise it is heavy) .. also picked up the rail adapter from amazon and a huage (sic) grip. It was an OK pistol for me. There was just something about it that I didn't feel comfortable with..Honestly it felt and looked like an unrefined glock.. IIR, there was not a single FTF over the course of about 200-250 rounds..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know why some of you say these are crap. This is my best shooting pistol. It's accurate as hell. I qualified with this when I got my NRA Pistol Instructor certification years ago. I outshot the other 15 or so. Of course the only other good shooter there was a girl. The rest of the guys were talking it up about how good of shots they were in class but failed their first round on the range. To be fair, you do have to hit an eight inch target from 15 yards away. I got all 20 rounds in the target. She got 18, and the rest failed miserably. Good memories.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
How is the trigger pull, and how well can you shoot it? If it meets with your approval, buy it. I have read different opinions on it, but if it works for you, $250 is a steal. I would not mind having one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts