Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular gun. Taurus Millennium Pro 145 in .45 ACP. They are on sell at my local big box store for $329.00 plus tax. Is that a good price? How's the quality? Will they shoot many different brands of ammo (Like a Glock)? Are they reliable. Please chime in and let me know if anyone knows this firearm! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Hello all! Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular gun. Taurus Millennium Pro 145 in .45 ACP. They are on sell at my local big box store for $329.00 plus tax. Is that a good price? How's the quality? Will they shoot many different brands of ammo (Like a Glock)? Are they reliable. Please chime in and let me know if anyone knows this firearm! Thanks! :)
Nobody does anything "like a Glock"... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody does anything "like a Glock"... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Don't get me wrong! I'm still picking up my Blue Label 21 on Tuesday when it comes in! I just thought from the picture, this gun looks like it is close to the size of my 23, so if I want to carry it, I can. Hell, I probably won't have any problems concealing the 21 with the right holster (which I'm gonna buy the same day)!! :eek:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
There is a smaller LGS about 25 miles from me that does FFL transfers for free...He is a Taurus guy, and tells me I'm missing out by not owning that gun...I personally would disagree, as I don't see where i could me missing anything as a Glock owner... ;)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a smaller LGS about 25 miles from me that does FFL transfers for free...He is a Taurus guy, and tells me I'm missing out by not owning that gun...I personally would disagree, as I don't see where i could me missing anything as a Glock owner... ;)
I can certainly agree with that!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I went on You Tube and did a search for Taurus Pro PT 145 and this is the only negative I could find. Actually there is one other but it was complaining about what happens when you have a full mag, lock open the slide and drop in a round (which is stupid).

Update to Taurus PT145 Safety Flaw - YouTube

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went on You Tube and did a search for Taurus Pro PT 145 and this is the only negative I could find. Actually there is one other but it was complaining about what happens when you have a full mag, lock open the slide and drop in a round (which is stupid).

Update to Taurus PT145 Safety Flaw - YouTube
Thanks tex, I checked it out. Man, I'm glad some of these YouTube people posting stories and instructions never went out for an acting career!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really have no problem spending money on a new .45. As I said in another post, my 21 purchase is on hold for a while due to a problem that arose. I just hate buying from the "big box" stores, although Academy isn't too bad. Some of the employees behind the counter actually know firearms.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
my experience with taurus has been positive. had a couple of pt 111 semi's and two 85i revolvers. nice guns. however as DR. ROWABI GLOCK says nobody does anything like a glock!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my experience with taurus has been positive. had a couple of pt 111 semi's and two 85i revolvers. nice guns. however as DR. ROWABI GLOCK says nobody does anything like a glock!
Yep! Dr ROWABI GLOCK really likes his Glocks and , uh, XD-S's!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have owned at one time or another a few pt 111's 2 pt 140's 1 pt 145 and 1 pt 745 Never a problem with any of them. Dave
Yea, I printed out the specs page on it and it seems to be pretty close in size to my 23. The only thing that I'm thinking about is the recoil of a .45 ACP with such a short barrel. I mean recoil doesn't bother me at all, but if I decide I want to carry it on occasion and leave my 23 lonely at home, just wanted to make sure I can get back on target fast. Guess I won't know til I fire it. The only reason that I'm interested is that the store that has it, has it on close-out and it's 4329 plus tax and the good thing in, the store is located in a lower tax rate city.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yea, I printed out the specs page on it and it seems to be pretty close in size to my 23. The only thing that I'm thinking about is the recoil of a .45 ACP with such a short barrel. I mean recoil doesn't bother me at all, but if I decide I want to carry it on occasion and leave my 23 lonely at home, just wanted to make sure I can get back on target fast. Guess I won't know til I fire it. The only reason that I'm interested is that the store that has it, has it on close-out and it's 4329 plus tax and the good thing in, the store is located in a lower tax rate city.
Actually I found that the 45 was less snappy than the 40. It was a pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually I found that the 45 was less snappy than the 40. It was a pleasure to shoot.
Ok Good! I don't mind "snappy' I can handle it!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts