Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Taurus Millennium Pro PT145 Great Gun and it's about 7 years old and finding holsters and accessories have always been difficult. Gun Show next week and I'm looking for another 45 ACP. I'm interested in the G30 but then you have G30 gen 3-4, G30S, G30SF. I don't know what to look for. Any ideas.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Mag release on the G4 is what I prefer over the G3. IIRC the SF, and S are only Gen3's(?) Depends on which one fits your had best. Gen 4 has 4 different interchangeable back straps. Gen 3? None. Big hands? Look at the 4's. Or maybe a G5 if they are out yet! I got my 4 used from a gun store. It was a rental. They sold it because nobody wanted to rent a .45! It was like new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mag release on the G4 is what I prefer over the G3. IIRC the SF, and S are only Gen3's(?) Depends on which one fits your had best. Gen 4 has 4 different interchangeable back straps. Gen 3? None. Big hands? Look at the 4's. Or maybe a G5 if they are out yet! I got my 4 used from a gun store. It was a rental. They sold it because nobody wanted to rent a .45! It was like new.
Good deal, I was also looking online at prices. Not to purchase, I never buy a weapon unseen. I like to at least hold it first. At the gun show, I'll keep my eye open for the G30MOS, Gen 4-5 Thanks Neil.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I've been carrying a third generation Glock for almost 18 years now. Mine is a G21, and it's a great pistol. In fact the only trouble I've had with it (that I wasn't able to solve) is that sometimes the magazine release catches on things like seat belts, or other people pushing up against me; and, darn it, the magazine release gets pushed and the magazine will fall out of the gun! In 18 years this has happened to me 3 times!

Needless to say about the last thing I'd want on my otherwise totally reliable 3rd gen Glock is a bigger magazine release button. I AM FINE with the smaller button that I have, and don't want anything else.

By the way, any number of my law-enforcement acquaintances carry one model or another of the Glock 30, and all of them love it! The 30 is widely reported to be one of the most accurate Glocks, and very easy to shoot straight. I use a standard frame, but I'd say to go with whatever fits your hand the best.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
The Glock 30 sounds like it solves a lot of issues, such as, the 3.75 inch barrel is enough to give the bullet enough velocity. The .45 auto isn’t much of a penetrator, and it needs some barrel length.

I am a big fan of the .45 and the G30 looks like a great gun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Taurus Millennium Pro PT145 Great Gun and it's about 7 years old and finding holsters and accessories have always been difficult. Gun Show next week and I'm looking for another 45 ACP. I'm interested in the G30 but then you have G30 gen 3-4, G30S, G30SF. I don't know what to look for. Any ideas.
Gymwiz, I also have the PT-145 as well as two G30 both G3 and two G21 (a G2 and a G3).
All I can tell you is the weapon needs to feel right in your hands. You'll know right away. All my .45ACP Glocks weigh enough that they are not smacking your hand like a lot of small guns do.

One thing you need to be very aware of is Glocks don't have a manual safety, a de-cocker and are NOT double action triggers! The Taurus and Glock couldn't be more different in operation. If you apply +/- 5.5 lbs of pressure, a Glock will go bang.

I'm retired LEO and I have numerous other .45s to choose from including three lovely 1911's. I carry Glocks only because they are the only semi autos I own that have never, never had any problem firing. Zero ftf, fte, e i e i o.

Buy what you feel good holding is a good place to start. Training will be high on your agenda until that Taurus becomes a safe queen like mine did.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts