Glock Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like I posted elsewhere I went to WallyWorld today to buy my range ammo. I've been using Winchester White Box in my G19 G4 and it works great for shooting paper.

Today, my WW had Remington 115 Gr UMC (Union Metallic Cartridge) box of 250 for 59.00. Great price, I bought a box to try later this week.

Now I'm thinking I should have bought a few boxes. The price is sure right.

Anyone have any feedback on the Remington rounds??

FYI, my wife's Sig P238 also does well on WWB 380s. (took a while to get the right lubrication on the Sig to eat the WWB. It doesn't eat ammo as well as my Glock. Until we figured out the lube and grease issues, had a lot of FTF and FTEs)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I shot a lot through my old G19 and never had a problem. Seemed dirtier than the WWB, but shot just fine.

Edit: Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Like I posted elsewhere I went to WallyWorld today to buy my range ammo. I've been using Winchester White Box in my G19 G4 and it works great for shooting paper.

Today, my WW had Remington 115 Gr UMC (Union Metallic Cartridge) box of 250 for 59.00. Great price, I bought a box to try later this week.

Now I'm thinking I should have bought a few boxes. The price is sure right.

Anyone have any feedback on the Remington rounds??

FYI, my wife's Sig P238 also does well on WWB 380s. (took a while to get the right lubrication on the Sig to eat the WWB. It doesn't eat ammo as well as my Glock. Until we figured out the lube and grease issues, had a lot of FTF and FTEs)
I have used the Winchester White Box rounds (.40) a lot! IMO, it's a great round. Like I have said many times before, Glocks will eat anything! I had the same issues with my girlfriends P238. It was all a matter of polishing the feed ramp. Makes a huge difference! :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i have used remington umc for years and never any problems. dicks sporting goods carries a lot of umc and on sale the 9mm is about the same as what you paid.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
My last case of range .40 was Remington UMC. They were the cheapest I found on line at $150 per 500 and never had a problem with one round. If you can afford it you should stock up. I posted on the other thread that the only thing I have found close to that price was Brown Bear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts