Glock Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Just wanted to try to understand something. After reading up on the process of making Tenifer that is used on Glock slides, it seems that this company in Europe is dedicated to Glock only for firearm manufacturing. They do make materials for other products but not firearms. It seems Glock will not allow them to share their finishing with any other gun manufacturer. Also, I read that Tenifer is not allowed to be manufactured in the US because the US EPA regulations will not allow it here. The question is, the newly manufactured Glock slides with the US stamped on the side still have to be made in Europe and shipped to Smyrna for assembly? Does that mean all of the parts are made there and simply shipped to Smyrna for completion?

Also, does the Tenifer process make the Glock firearms superior to others as far as corrosion and long lasting material goes?

Just curious!! :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The US Glocks are made here - cool, eh?

Glock stopped using Tenifer a few years ago. It was awesome, but the leftovers were a bit too toxic.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh. Ok. I had no idea that they stopped using it. Sorry about asking a stupid question.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
The US Glocks are made here - cool, eh?

Glock stopped using Tenifer a few years ago. It was awesome, but the leftovers were a bit too toxic.
the color used to be dark gray and the newer ones (at least mine) are more black

1 - 5 of 5 Posts