1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Alcohol and guns dont mix. At least no Glock was involved again.

·
Banned
966 Posts
The rule about "Never point a gun at anybody, loaded or not" didn't apply to this guy because he's too cool. He's the type that will get over this in a week so I hope he's punished.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
The rule about "Never point a gun at anybody, loaded or not" didn't apply to this guy because he's too cool. He's the type that will get over this in a week so I hope he's punished.
True...he was wrong...and stupid...But he won't get over this in a week...or ever...taking that life, especially through stupidity, is something he's gonna have to live with for the rest of his life...That was a friend, not someone shooting at him on the battlefield...A lot of lives were messed up over that moment of idiocy... :(

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Just goes to show the effects of alcohol on the mind... common sense and sound reasoning just begins to ( as the old song says ) "drift away"...and is replaced with a false sense of control...These were soldiers, and this guy should have known better..No place for firearms, in the hands of anyone drinking or doing drugs...And right now there's someone reading this that's offended because I said that.. They feel like they're always in control...but you're not, believe me.
Don't believe me.? Go and ask the guy sitting in that jail cell...OK, I'm done...I just get angry over such a senseless loss of life..have a great day. :)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Just saw a news piece on this. It said the guy thought he had dummy rounds in the gun! Who carries dummy rounds around? what an idiot!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I'd bet those were probably for use to check the cycle the gun...maybe like "snap-caps" or something. He probably had the idea to load the gun with dummies, and "fire" on a dummy round, and scare the guy out of the hiccups...in his alcohol induced state, the plan seemed sure to work, however it appears that he failed to follow thru..he performed the second part without completing the first part...just an idea...I seriously doubt that those were his regular rounds... :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts