Glock Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Glock 17. I got some 33 round magazines because, why not? Right? Then I found out about the Sub 2000 and decided that it made sense to have a rifle and pistol that shared magazines. But the more I researched and looked, the more I decided that the Sub 2000 was a little too cheaply made for my taste (many complain about the front sight), and they are nearly impossible to find anyway unless you randomly run into one or want to pay more than they are worth (If I could find one for MSRP without waiting a year or longer, I'd probably pick one up).

I also didn't like the idea of a Mechtech either. You have to take apart your pistol so you can use it, or buy another just for the conversion. At the time I looked at Mechtech, the 9mm required +P ammo too, which I thought reduced its appeal as well. Also the only other Glock carbine choice, the JR Carbine had many poor reviews.

Then I found Thureon Defense. They make pistol caliber carbines that take Glock magazines in 9mm, 10mm, .40S&W, .45ACP, and .357Sig. They use an AR-like lower and an AR trigger group, and are all steel and aluminum (except the stock and pistol grip). Here's some pictures of my 9mm version. It's a blast to shoot, very little recoil (the wife loves it), you can order it in all kinds of different configurations with tons of different accessories (I ordered the base model with the Magpul M-4 stock). Every Glock 9mm magazine works in mine, from the G18 33 rounder, to the baby G26.

GA 9 002.JPG GA 9 001.JPG

No I don't work for the company. I just figured there are probably more than a few out there who would be interested in something like this without shelling out $1000 or more for an AR conversion. Do some research and decide for yourself. I was impressed by the firearm and the customer service was great. The worst thing about it was the wait, they are 6 weeks out on some models. I got mine for around $700.

[url=http://www.thureondefense.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=4]Specifications[/URL]

Here's Hickok45 shooting one:

Thureon Defense 9mm Carbine - YouTube

Now that this project is done, it's on to my Saiga .308 conversion. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well you hooked Me Man On the Hill, got to researching it today and Arms search located me one not nearly as good a price as yours anywhere that I could find. Now I need a bump fire stock and an Eotech or similar for it, maybe someone can give me advise on the best for the money,I for sure like the tritium/fiberoptic "no Batteries" just in case of an EMF from Homeland Forces, but today was the first time I had played with one period.Hope to pick up the gun by midweek, don't know why it allured me so but it's only money right ? And money doesn't go BOOM. All advise greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
859 Posts
That's a new one for me. I researched the Sub2000 and MechTech too, but with the loss of an active frame I set my sights on a Ruger Mini-14 instead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts