Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first gun back in 1949 and been hooked ever since. Had many different types of guns over the years and have been carrying concealed ever since i move to Oklahoma where it is legal from California where it wasn't. My first carry was a Kimber 1911 in 45acp. Loved that gun, but a bit big for CC in the summer months in the heat. Have gone through a couple of Tarus, a couple of XD's, an H&K and a Sig as carry guns. I have now landed on a G30 and i think this will probably be my mainstay for CC from now on. It fits my hand great and is just the right size for CC in my Crossbreed IWB holster.

In all the years i had never had my hands on a Glock much less shot one. A few days ago a friend loaned me his G23 to try out and i was so impressed with the way it shot and the groupings i got with it that i hit the dealers store the next day and walked out with the G30. Can't wait to get back out to the range and break it in with a few hundred round. Anyone have this gun? How do you like it? or not...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Good choice...I love me some Kimber, too...lol

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Good choice, on the Glock 30...I love me some Kimber, too...lol...
Glad you left Kalifornia and moved to America, are ya? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good choice, on the Glock 30...I love me some Kimber, too...lol...
Glad you left Kalifornia and moved to America, are ya? :rolleyes:
Born, raised, lived for 65 years there... Great state in the 40's, 50's, most of 60's. By the 90's was a cesspool and was more than happy to leave and have never wanted to go back.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Just got back from a day trip to Chekota OK. Carried my G33 on the trip.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Born, raised, lived for 65 years there... Great state in the 40's, 50's, most of 60's. By the 90's was a cesspool and was more than happy to leave and have never wanted to go back.
It's really sad that the residents of a state keep electing people who turn it into a cesspool. Such beautiful places in this country that no one want anything to do with.

PS welcome to the forum James

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome to the forum, James.

G30 is an excellent pistol, and combined with a CBST - well, it doesn't get much better than that for a .45 CC setup :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts