·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
Swampfox762, do I darn ask how you know what a butt plug fits like.... :eek:
Swampy we all know they don't make one to fit your butt. G30SF.........right?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am new here. and I am having a question about customer service.
I tried to send a mod mail about this but was referred to make a public post so I am sorry if this is the wrong place and hopefully doesn't break any rules. I am a Comcast Business customer (even though I shouldn't be) so hopefully that's close enough.
Tech issue
I have a Motorola Arris Surfboard Sb6141 and I have been having issues since I was made to sign a new contract in December. I thought it was my router or AP but it seems to be the modem itself since it was provisioned last. Ethernet speed is great but wifi is Terrible and inconsistent (on the downstream). Lan traffic is working right so I know all equipment in front of the modem is solid. Apparently from other threads and advice I got, this could very well be a provisioning error. Can I get my modem reprovisioned? Is this modem still supported?
Customer Service
I was on a commercial agreement when I owned a small business for several year. My business had to shut down due to covid in December due to covid. I called to move my service to residential and was told I could not as my address was a business (it is a house). I was told I needed to sign a new agreement if I wanted faster internet (100/20mbit for 100 a month as I needed more upstream for remote work). I did so as I felt I had not choice. Fast-forward to beginning of July. I was solicited for 1.2gb/35mbit internet and told they had unlimited internet if you rented a modem for an addition 20/month. I think it was totally of about 110 or 120/month. I told them I couldnt get it because of the address and was told I could. I needed to call Comcast business and be converted. So I did and they said they couldn't help but could put me in a new 2 year with faster 200/35 speeds for 110. If I didn't want to sign again I needed to call residential. So I went back and forth a bit till I gave up and just don't know what to do at this point.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

lbctracking

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I tried to send a mod mail about this but was referred to make a public post so I am sorry if this is the wrong place and hopefully doesn't break any rules. I am a Comcast Business customer (even though I shouldn't be) so hopefully that's close enough.
Tech issue
I have a Motorola Arris Surfboard Sb6141 and I have been having issues since I was made to sign a new contract in December. I thought it was my router or AP but it seems to be the modem itself since it was provisioned last. Ethernet speed is great but wifi is Terrible and inconsistent (on the downstream). Lan traffic is working right so I know all equipment in front of the modem is solid. Apparently from other threads and advice I got, this could very well be a provisioning error. Can I get my modem reprovisioned? Is this modem still supported?
Customer Service
I was on a commercial agreement when I owned a small business for several year. My business had to shut down due to covid in December due to covid. I called to move my service to residential and was told I could not as my address was a business (it is a house). I was told I needed to sign a new agreement if I wanted faster internet (100/20mbit for 100 a month as I needed more upstream for remote work). I did so as I felt I had not choice. Fast-forward to beginning of July. I was solicited for 1.2gb/35mbit internet and told they had unlimited internet if you rented a modem for an addition 20/month. I think it was totally of about 110 or 120/month. I told them I couldnt get it because of the address and was told I could. I needed to call Comcast business and be converted. So I did and they said they couldn't help but could put me in a new 2 year with faster 200/35 speeds for 110. If I didn't want to sign again I needed to call residential. So I went back and forth a bit till I gave up and just don't know what to do at this point.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

lbctracking
You are in the wrong place, this is a gun forum, look around for a computer geek place. They will surely know the answer.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Now THAT was an interesting article! Yes, it was every bit as interesting as Yardarm Technology's new handgun performance-recording device is COMPLETELY USELESS. Why do I say this? I say it because there is already more than enough relevant technology available for handguns (Red Dots, Miniaturized, Light Amplification, Lasers, etc.) It doesn't make much sense to turn a handgun into the same type of operating condition and event recorder as my brand new Subaru Legacy!

(I own a new vehicle that does everything but talk to me; and it even reports my new vehicle's location and operating condition back to Subaru Central Command upon request—It's amazing; and, maybe even, generally useful too!)

Yardarm Technology's new handgun performance and location sensor does NOT work without a cell phone connection; AND, perhaps somewhat amazingly, field officers are already equipped with both electronic body cameras, and (Ready?) cell phones that are 100% capable of performing any observational function that might be needed.

PUTTING THIS KIND OF TECHNOLOGY INTO ANY SELF-DEFENSE HANDGUN IS ROUGHLY THE EQUIVALENT OF PUTTING A USELESS PAIR OF TITS ON A BULL.

An officer's handgun is a critical piece of lifesaving equipment—Not a cell phone (which every officer already has), and not an event recorder (which, again, many field officers are already equipped with).

Handguns perform a simple often LIFESAVING EMERGENCY FUNCTION; and, because of the ESSENTIAL LIFESAVING NATURE of a handgun, need to be kept as simple, straightforward, and dedicated to their paramount function as possible.

The author of this article's attempt to make the device seem relevant by tying it into the law-enforcement shooting of Michael Brown is, in my own carefully considered opinion, completely irrelevant; AND, had this device been used in the way that it is designed at the time of the Brown shooting, the provided information would have been of NO LEGAL OR ANALYTICAL VALUE, whatsoever.

The more I think about Yardarm Technology's new handgun device the more I become convinced that: (1) It will do absolutely nothing to fix modern society's broken 'moral compass'. (2) It adds nothing that is either unique or truly useful to a HANDGUN, and (3) if—IF—an officer needs to use some sort of an event recorder, or a communication device then one of today's superlative smart phones, or 'GoPro' type body cameras—that ARE ALREADY BEING USED by law-enforcement personnel—is the correct and most functional way to go.

Leave a vital piece of life-saving self-defense equipment like a handgun exactly where it is right now. Handguns are already difficult enough for officers to have to learn how to use well. Take the same amount of money that would otherwise be wasted on this new electronic gizmo, and put it into buying more ammunition for the increased handgun shooting range time that almost every officer could put to his own best advantage!

As for fixing America's already badly broken moral compass? Well, THAT is a topic for a whole other thread—One about the current state of humanity's collective 'sympathetic heart' and very necessary moral regeneration, and NOT about any sort of superfluous electronic technology. ;)

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
:) Hello, and welcome to THE GLOCK FORUM!

If anything your question belongs in the 'OFF TOPIC' subdirectory. We're a bunch of gun guys, specifically Glock handgun guys, and we may not be of much help to you on a computer question. My own suggestion would be for you to give Comcast a call, and begin working on your problem with them!

Got any handgun questions? Those, I am sure, everybody here will be more than happy to help you with.

Reactions: MisterMills357

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
@Pistolero
Americas moral compass has a problem, which is there is a magnet attached to it, and the direction always reads south. The nation that was a good respectable place to live, is a garbage can in many ways.

Biden has demonstrated that, for the world to see, by his pusillanimous and craven ways of doing things. America has thrown off the chains that bound them, that is Christianity and the Bible. And now there is nothing that they won’t do. So it’s not just Biden, and that broken down old man is an apt leader for a nation of cowards and criminals.

Americans are scared of a fight now, plus the men of this country don’t even know how to fight.

And putting cameras and monitors on cops, isn’t much of an answer. Anyone that does not have their mind trained to do good, will do evil by default. And cops do evil just like everyone else, they just do it less often.

In conclusion I don’t think that America can survive, because we are always skirting around the tough things, like killing the bad guys. Because we don’t even know who the bad guys are anymore.

So now America goes around doing what an idiot does, things like putting tits on a bull.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Well, that one is spot-on! 😃

Reactions: MisterMills357
1 - 11 of 11 Posts