Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There has been a tragedy here in Springfield, MA. A Springfield police officer was shot and killed while responding to a domestic disturbance call earlier this afternoon. I knew this veteran officer and his brother, also a Springfield Police officer. The shooter shot his wife, The officer, and then turned the gun on himself. The shooter is dead, wife critical. I posted this because I know there are a lot of Active and retired LEO's in this forum, and just thought a prayer for the fallen officer's family would be in order. Domestic disputes... one of the most dangerous calls.

·
Registered
316 Posts
This is a shame. I have never been involved in LE at any point in my life but I have heard Domestic calls are one of if not the most dangerous call the police can respond to. My heart goes out to his family and friends. Dave

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
There has been a tragedy here in Springfield, MA. A Springfield police officer was shot and killed while responding to a domestic disturbance call earlier this afternoon. I knew this veteran officer and his son, also a Springfield Police officer. The shooter shot his wife, The officer, and then turned the gun on himself. The shooter is dead, wife critical. I posted this because I know there are a lot of Active and retired LEO's in this forum, and just thought a prayer for the fallen officer's family would be in order. Domestic disputes... one of the most dangerous calls.
So sorry to hear that...prayers up for these families. Sorry for their losses, and yours as well.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Got a buddy here on the PD...former marine, husband and dad...Ya got me pray'n' for him and all the LEO's too...tough job...most definitely underpaid...God bless all of 'em...and may we never have to face that...wow...

·
Registered
655 Posts
My prayers go out to the friends and family. Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Sure sorry to hear that, I know a lot of Police Officers and I volunteer with my local Police and they are all extra cautious on domestic disputes. They all agree that they are the most dangerous as you never know who not to turn your back on when tempers are flairing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for your prayers and condolences. Turns out the cop murderer was a corrections officer from Rikers Island N.Y. The girlfriend had just gotten a restraining order on him 45 minutes before the shooting and Kevin was summoned to her apartment because she said he was around there. When Kevin arrived on scene, they were arguing outside, then the killer shoved her in the door, went inside and shut the door. Kevin tried to push the door open and the scumbag shot him thru the door, opened it, and finished him off execution style, then shot his girlfriend, then went to his car and shot himself in the chest.

Officer Kevin Ambrose, Badge #7, Springfield MA. Police Dept. 36 year veteran. Wife, two children. R.I.P.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts