Glock Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about taking some handgun training classes to refine my skills. I don't need the basic safety course, but I'm not ready to train with a swat team either. I'm planning on taking the CCW course very soon. (I just moved to KY and am waiting out my 6 month residency requirement.) Would like something that would help me fine tune things like grip, stance, etc. Maybe even learn some tactical stuff. I'm a decent shot, but need some help on becoming a great shot.
Can anyone recommend any classes near Cincinnati, OH or Lexington, KY?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm thinking about taking some handgun training classes to refine my skills. I don't need the basic safety course, but I'm not ready to train with a swat team either. I'm planning on taking the CCW course very soon. (I just moved to KY and am waiting out my 6 month residency requirement.) Would like something that would help me fine tune things like grip, stance, etc. Maybe even learn some tactical stuff. I'm a decent shot, but need some help on becoming a great shot.
I can't recommend any classes, but I would recommend checking out some training DVD's as there are some good ones out there. Also, check out Youtube...I'm always amazed at some of the quality recordings that they have. Plenty of junk too, but you will know. I have received a pretty good education by researching things on Youtube. Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts

Hey there...Yep, I too can relate with what you've said. I looked into some training, and found TDI just about 45 minutes east of Cincinnati,OH. They are located in West Union OH. (Tactical Defense Institute). You can google them for more Info.
If you have ever seen Personal Defense TV, they show some sessions at TDI.
This might be a fit for you.
However, what I found out, is I seem to remember that they require you to bring about 2000 rounds for the training. For me way to much for me. (costly)!!

Hope this helps...:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.