Glock Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G23 gen 4 , ghost 3.5, factory extended slide release, total of 204 rounds fired

while cleaning the gun after my first 100 rounds i noticed that the trigger connector had signs of scratching on it.. it doesnt seem to be getting worse after another 100 rounds but im concerned..

·
Registered
960 Posts
Checked mine also, 36 none at all, 23 only two little "scratched" areas that seem to be consistent. Meaning they appear to be getting that appearance in the same spot. If that makes sense. :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
It looks to me like the slide is making contact with the trigger bar and a little bit on the frame. Mine shows a slight mark to but I chalked it up as a MFG stamping issue, after all these are STAMPED parts. If it persists, contact Glock because the rear rail is not allowing the slide to dip down. Put a dab of grease on it when you go to shoot again and if the grease is rubbed off or rubbed to the METAL in that spot then you gave a problem

·
Banned
966 Posts
Something wrong there. The "nose" that sticks down from the rear of the slide engages with the sear, which is the rearmost extension of the trigger bar. It shouldn't contact the bar in that area, at least not to that extent. Have that bad boy checked by a smith.

I included this labelled snapshot to help with your terminology.

Bicycle part Musical instrument accessory Bumper Gadget Audio equipment

Attachments

·
Registered
960 Posts
Something wrong there. The "nose" that sticks down from the rear of the slide engages with the sear, which is the rearmost extension of the trigger bar. It shouldn't contact the bar in that area, at least not to that extent. Have that bad boy checked by a smith.

I included this labelled snapshot to help with your terminology.

View attachment 793
Wow, thanks for attaching labels to the parts in question! You helped me understand a lot more just in those pictures!! :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
This is a pic of the trigger bar where it makes contact with the connector. Your pics show what looks to be a rub spot on TOP of the trigger bar (right side) and there is nothing that can make contact with the bar except the slide that I can see. So basically when you pull the trigger the bar moves backward and the angle of the connector pushes the bar downward and releases the firing pin. You got arrows going to everything but the pic that is in question. If you remove the pin in the rear of the body of the gun you can lift the assembly up out of the housing. I can only see a stamping rub on the trigger bar

Wood Creative arts Metal Fashion accessory Gun accessory

·
Registered
960 Posts
This is a pic of the trigger bar where it makes contact with the connector. Your pics show what looks to be a rub spot on TOP of the trigger bar (right side) and there is nothing that can make contact with the bar except the slide that I can see. So basically when you pull the trigger the bar moves backward and the angle of the connector pushes the bar downward and releases the firing pin. You got arrows going to everything but the pic that is in question. If you remove the pin in the rear of the body of the gun you can lift the assembly up out of the housing. I can only see a stamping rub on the trigger bar

View attachment 795
Thought I understood a little but suddenly I'm lost again.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
he has arrows going to everything but the damage. what I thought he was talking about is the rub on the top right on the the trigger bar where it makes the turn from the side to the top

·
Registered
960 Posts
I think I got it. I was noticing more the scratches on the rails for the slide. On my guns, there are smooth lines that show where the slide moves, but his seem to be somewhat of a deeper cut or gouge.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
when I was in a machine shop and we get stamped parts like the trigger bar sometimes you would get drag marks from the die they used to stamp it with and that’s what that looks like but if the rail is smashed in for some reason the slide will drag on it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts