Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get some info on the Trijicon Novak night sight. Planning on putting them on a glock G26. Any pros or cons concerning these sights. Saw them on Amazon.com for a very good price. Thanks

·
Registered
960 Posts
Trying to get some info on the Trijicon Novak night sight. Planning on putting them on a glock G26. Any pros or cons concerning these sights. Saw them on Amazon.com for a very good price. Thanks
My LE friend has them on his duty weapon. I have fired it in very low light conditions and found them to be great! You will probably find that many LEO's use them especially because of their durability. The Trijicon brand is known for their quality and I feel that you can't go wrong with any of their products. I use TruGlo only because I like the fiber optics. As far as having them installed, unless you have a "pusher" tool, I would recommend a gunsmith. There is another thread going on here about installation and a couple of people have done it themselves. I'm glad to hear these people were able to install them with no problems, but I'm just not feeling that skill level without the tool! Good luck! :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
No personal experience with the Novak's but you can't go wrong with the Trijicon I have them on all my weapons in some form or another. Most but not all aftermarket sights are using Trijicon vials in their sites anyway then it comes down to design of the sight frame it's self.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Got a link? I use to use only Novak on my Les Baer guns but have no experience with them on my Glocks. I doubt you'll find anyone with the Trijicon brand though that isn't happy.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I prefer the Meprolight Night Sights , they just seem brighter to me ...:cool:

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I am looking at mine in the dark and they are nice and bright but here

[video=youtube;9T4s4mgtT44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T4s4mgtT44[/video]

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Here is another, show me the difference. I see all are compared to the truglo's and for 40.00 more there should be a very noticeable difference

[video=youtube;iItV2jFGFHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iItV2jFGFHY&feature=related[/video]

·
Registered
241 Posts
you can get TruGlo's for 63.00 +free shipping on amazon which is half the price as novak and does the same thing

Amazon.com: TRUGLO Glock Low Tritium Handgun Sight: Sports & Outdoors
How do they do the same thing? Under what exact conditions.

I'll also step in and given an opinion I wasn't going to express but might as well. I have always thought night sights were the solution to a problem that doesn't exist. I only use 3 dot night sights on my duty gun because I am required to use them. On my off duty piece I use Big Dot 24/7 Express sights. Not for the night sight feature but because I am more accurate with them. If the store I bought them from had a non night sight Big Dot for less money I would have bought them instead.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
How do they do the same thing? Under what exact conditions.

I'll also step in and given an opinion I wasn't going to express but might as well. I have always thought night sights were the solution to a problem that doesn't exist. I only use 3 dot night sights on my duty gun because I am required to use them. On my off duty piece I use Big Dot 24/7 Express sights. Not for the night sight feature but because I am more accurate with them. If the store I bought them from had a non night sight Big Dot for less money I would have bought them instead.
under almost any condition when startled sights are worthless because point shooting almost always takes over but in the case of a homeowner or for that matter a LEO searching out a suspect on the dark were's he don't want to give up his position using a flash light night sights would be a tactical advantage. I train with a laser light system and before N/S my shots where all over the place. With N/S in the dark I can hit 90% of my targets. Even the best point shooting; if you can't line the back of the gun up with the front you'll not even be close to your target and that’s where N/S come in at

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
what good are night sites if you cant see your target? better have a flash light!
most gun battles happen in 21 ft (7 yards) so chances are you will see your target in some light or low light situations. Even in a low light situation standard sights in a pinch are very difficult to see so night sights would be a tactical advantage over normal non luminous sights. No one know what will work in a situation and your right a bright light would be ideal but unless you are home or in your car most of us don't carry a light on us as standard EDC tools

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
most gun battles happen in 21 ft (7 yards) so chances are you will see your target in some light or low light situations. Even in a low light situation standard sights in a pinch are very difficult to see so night sights would be a tactical advantage over normal non luminous sights. No one know what will work in a situation and your right a bright light would be ideal but unless you are home or in your car most of us don't carry a light on us as standard EDC tools
This was true with me as well...until the Aurora theater shootings...As was pointed out, what if someone had used a strong light on that shooter...in that environment, he would have been visually reduced to a less than superior tactical position, and would have been more vulnerable to intervention...
Just sayin'...:rolleyes:

·
Banned
966 Posts
I just thought of something. What, if any, effect do these green-glow night sights have on shooting in sunlight? Are they still as visible as those sweet whities on a stock Glock? I sure don't want to give up daytime sighting ability for the off chance somebody's gonna have the balls to come charging into my bedroom at night.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I just thought of something. What, if any, effect do these green-glow night sights have on shooting in sunlight? Are they still as visible as those sweet whities on a stock Glock? I sure don't want to give up daytime sighting ability for the off chance somebody's gonna have the balls to come charging into my bedroom at night.
You’re not just using the dots in daylight but rather a combo of filling in the rear notch with the front sight and dots at the same time whereas at night or very low light the front and rear sights are invisible

·
Registered
960 Posts
I like the fiber optic sights. I love them during daytime or low light conditions. No, they don't do anything at night. I'm rarely out at night because since my retirement, I go places a lot during the day and entertain myself at home very comfortably. When it comes to nighttime home protection, There is always a nightlight on somewhere in the house and I carry a nice small mag lite every room I'm in, then by the bed along with the 23. So, when I pick up the new 21 next week, I will probably install the same sights as that's what works for me. Absolutely every gun owner has different preferences when it comes to sights, lasers, and lights. So, that being said, I use what works for me! :eek:

·
Registered
241 Posts
under almost any condition when startled sights are worthless because point shooting almost always takes over but in the case of a homeowner or for that matter a LEO searching out a suspect on the dark were's he don't want to give up his position using a flash light night sights would be a tactical advantage. I train with a laser light system and before N/S my shots where all over the place. With N/S in the dark I can hit 90% of my targets. Even the best point shooting; if you can't line the back of the gun up with the front you'll not even be close to your target and that’s where N/S come in at
I have never run into a situation where I was searching for someone at night and didn't want a light if it were a situation that required a gun in my hand. Personally I feel better if I have to fire at night if I can see what I'm shooting at. If the light is good enough that a light isn't required then I don't see the need for night sights either.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I have never run into a situation where I was searching for someone at night and didn't want a light if it were a situation that required a gun in my hand. Personally I feel better if I have to fire at night if I can see what I'm shooting at. If the light is good enough that a light isn't required then I don't see the need for night sights either.
A lot of wisdom spoken here..night sights are not a replacement for "need to see"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts