Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really liking the looks of these sights that I installed today! Sights.jpg

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you tested them in the dark; it is like having little powered dots, I seen them on amazon for 46.00+ shipping 7.15 with the red dot 2 left as of this post

Amazon.com: Truglo Fiber Optic Handgun Sight Set - Sf Xd, Red/Green: Sports & Outdoors
They really don't do anything in total darkness. I got them for better viewing in low light conditions. I'm really not out in the evening that much so these seemed perfect and I think they will be. I also like how bright they are in the daylight. since I have begun to learn to shoot with both eyes open, this will be a big help for me at the range. And believe me, my accuracy has improved a lot with both eyes open. Of course, that's just me, everyone has different shooting styles.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
View attachment 531

mine are totally lit up in the dark, it is like having little optic lights on. this was just taken 5 minutes ago in total darkness

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
View attachment 531

mine are totally lit up in the dark, it is like having little optic lights on. this was just taken 5 minutes ago in total darkness
I guess I wasn't too clear. Mine are fiber optic. Front and rear. Are yours? Or do you have night sights not fiber optics?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
mine are reg night sights, I liked at the fiber ops but read that they come loose in the housing. these are truGlo low profile night sights and they do glow green in total darknes....sweet

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mine are reg night sights, I liked at the fiber ops but read that they come loose in the housing. these are truGlo low profile night sights and they do glow green in total darknes....sweet
That's very nice. If mine don't work out, no worries, I will try something different. Like I had said in a different post, I found a nice rear sight "pusher " tool at a reasonable price so I can change them myself.

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
That's very nice. If mine don't work out, no worries, I will try something different. Like I had said in a different post, I found a nice rear sight "pusher " tool at a reasonable price so I can change them myself.
the thing about the TruGlos (I got) are they have a locking screw so with a file and a couple of passes the went with no effort at all

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the thing about the TruGlos (I got) are they have a locking screw so with a file and a couple of passes the went with no effort at all
That's great! I'm glad to hear someone is brave enough to try this and accomplish it! I had mine installed by my favorite armorer and he doesn't charge me anything. Great job!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Looking good!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like! I am looking at night sights myself for my 26 and these were up on my list. Any issues with them coming loose?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
so far I have been very pleased with mine. I have my gun on a night stand next to the bed and in the midle of the night I look over and see the three dots just lit up. I don't even have to turn a light on to tell where my gun is. 59.00 +free shipping

Amazon.com: Truglo Truglo Tritium Sight Glock Low: Sports & Outdoors

Sigh up for a chase/amazon CC card and get like 20.00 -30.00 off (added to your first statement). This is no gimmick. Even though I have an AZ CC card I just ordered a set for my G23 and it was 56.00 with my discount (reward points can be added no matter how low) to the front door… sweet

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have a red fiber optic front sight on most of my Glocks and have had no problem with them getting loose. I have night sites and I have the Amerigo night sites/fiber optics also. In general though, I perefer the fiber optics to night sites.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Glad you like 'em, and it sounds like they're great for what you need them for...and like you said, you can change 'em later if you want... :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 24/7 Big Dots on my 17, AmeriGlo on my 20, TruGlo Trijocon on my 19 and Meprolites on my 26. Like them all, but my favorite is the Ameriglo Pro Operator with the Orange/White front sight. The 24/7 Big Dot is the fastest on target, but the AmeriGlo is very nice and line up and shoot point of aim. I like them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts