Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with hostess closing down and all them union people out of work I couldn't help but think of these guys

[video=youtube;FY1xaoJPdek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY1xaoJPdek[/video]

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Hostess declared Chapter 11 twice in the past decade and upper Management received 80% pay raises during that time. Workers had an 18% pay cut and Mageement wanted more paycuts in salary, pensions and benefits. There are two sides to every story. I read nothing in the news calling the Union employees "Loafers". Only 18% of the workers were Union. In my opinion the Union got blamed for Magement problems.

I served 21 years as a Union Representatve after having been in Management, I have seen both sides of the story. Just because a company goes out of business doesent mean it is the Union's fault.

I really wish we could keep this Forum Glock oriented. I know the Off Topic Discussion is for Non-Glock matters but when it starts to dominate the Forum, that is a good way to discourage member participation. We all have our own political views, why not find a Forum for that instead of on a Glock Forum?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry you see it as a political battle but it was posted as some comic relief just to lighten things up around here.

Just a thought; NO gun sight totally survives on just gun talk alone but gun talk as a base

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
THIS gun site was doing very well without Off Topic Discussion until an overload of same.

This is my last post to this thread to avoid Moderator involvement, I stand by my two posts.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
happiness is a choice

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Hostess declared Chapter 11 twice in the past decade and upper Management received 80% pay raises during that time. Workers had an 18% pay cut and Mageement wanted more paycuts in salary, pensions and benefits. There are two sides to every story. I read nothing in the news calling the Union employees "Loafers". Only 18% of the workers were Union. In my opinion the Union got blamed for Magement problems.

I served 21 years as a Union Representatve after having been in Management, I have seen both sides of the story. Just because a company goes out of business doesent mean it is the Union's fault.

I really wish we could keep this Forum Glock oriented. I know the Off Topic Discussion is for Non-Glock matters but when it starts to dominate the Forum, that is a good way to discourage member participation. We all have our own political views, why not find a Forum for that instead of on a Glock Forum?
I'm with ya on that...beginning to get a little old, for sure...A little here and there, but I think at times we've forgotten what this is supposed to be about. There are plenty of forums out there to discuss some of this stuff on...just sayin'...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
[RANT] If I don't like the salary or the benefits from an employer I find another job. Not to brag but I've increased my salary 300% in the last 8 years by using my brain and finding the best opportunities available in my local. Why exactly do Unions feel they are entitled to dictate to a business owner the terms of their benefits package and compensation or they will shut the business down. Unions have outgrown their usefulness and should be disbanded. Are you telling me that these union idiots have developed no transferable skills that will benefit other parts of society? If not then they should just put a bullet to their head because they are useless. [/RANT] Ok, all better now!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was wearing my Glock while watching the video. Does that make it Glock related?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I was wearing my Glock while watching the video. Does that make it Glock related?
Funny! You know, the "union" conversation is viewed by everyone in different ways! It's pretty much a political debate in my eyes. No right, no wrong and it could go on forever. I didn't post on this thread before because of that. Let it die and move on! Let's move on to.............Glocks! Yea, that will work!! :)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I really don't like twinkies anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts